300B tube recommendations

zippy2001

Wait a sec here, you're getting a custom built EC amp and you're going to cheap out on the 300B tubes?

Seriously, for an amp of that level you shouldn't be settling for anything short of the upper tier stuff. Grab the Emission Labs 300B, costly, but still not Western Electric prices.

Wait a sec here, you're getting a custom built EC amp and you're going to cheap out on the 300B tubes?

Seriously, for an amp of that level you shouldn't be settling for anything short of the upper tier stuff. Grab the Emission Labs 300B, costly, but still not Western Electric prices.

I'll have to wait to get some nice tubes, spent too much on the family for xmas. Maybe I'll try to get some later, that's why I have to go cheap on the tubes for now.

This is a one off production amp, that I hope Craig brings to market. I'll post pix and more information after I get the amp, hopefully this weekend.

I got my pair of new production WE 300Bs in the fancy wooden box for $500 on Agon.

That's a great deal, I'll have to keep my eyes open on Agon.