Opinions Sought (remolding of IEMs)

n_maher

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine are going back as well. They used my jh13's for the molds and the Fisher earpieces are no where near the same fit. The Fisher earpieces are physically larger than the JH13's and painful to wear. I am surprised they can't get these right considering how many hearing aid molds they must do, which are worn all the time and need to fit right.

Mine are going back as well. They used my jh13's for the molds and the Fisher earpieces are no where near the same fit. The Fisher earpieces are physically larger than the JH13's and painful to wear. I am surprised they can't get these right considering how many hearing aid molds they must do, which are worn all the time and need to fit right.

They got the right earpiece spot on on mine, but the left has yet to fit right and causes pain. So I got a second set of impressions done and I hope that they get it right this time.

• 4 weeks later...

Need some advice.

I got my triple fi's remolded a little while back and when I got them back they had some fit/build problems. I sent them back and they fixed the problems with the fit/build except that they sounded much worse than when they were in their universal form. I wasnt completely sure of this because it was about a month - month and a half between having heard the universals to hearing the customs with correct fit. I got a pair of universal triple fi's today to see if there really was a difference in sound and the universals do sound 100% better (especially in treble extension).

The problem is that I dont think fisher could fix this problem with what I've seen of their work. They dont seem to have much interest/knowledge in making the customs sound "right." So, should I just bite the bullet ($50 for molds + $90 for remolding) and sell the remolded triple fis, which would probably get me around $100, or should I try to get fisher to fix the problem, which I'm not sure that they will do seeing that it's past the 30 day period and they dont seem to really know what theyre doing.

Thoughts?

Cut your losses. Sell them and move on.

Having experienced Fisher's service first hand I second this motion. They are, unfortunately, nice folks who don't do particularly great work. I just received my remolded triple-fi's back from their second refit (which too a month) and can't comment about the sonic aspect of things this time around but from what I heard the first time they were simply ok.

So I got the chance to listen to the remolded TF10s this weekend both in casual listening as well as in their main use case, mowing the lawn. All in all I'm thoroughly under impressed. My advice to anyone considering this, don't. It's now a question of whether or not I bother to sell these, I'm not sure I could do so in good conscience.

Nate, the Chinese company, unique melody, seems to do a much much better job with remolding IEMs in general. They actually seem to make sure and tweak the sound so you get as close to the original sound as possible.

I ended up selling mine on the other site. Went pretty quick too :P

Nate, the Chinese company, unique melody, seems to do a much much better job with remolding IEMs in general. They actually seem to make sure and tweak the sound so you get as close to the original sound as possible.

I ended up selling mine on the other site. Went pretty quick too :P

What were they worth?

I sold mine (with a $25 cable) for $145 shipped

I'm sure you could get more if you wanted. I had a lot of interest.

Damn, I'd have expected a lot less. Mine have a stock Westone cable on them so I guess I'll ask what you did and go from there. They are a write-off at this point so pretty much anything is a bonus.

from the hf thread

So I finally got the remolds of my JH13s back. One looks great. But there's a slight problem with the other one...

:eek: IT'S NOT MINE. :eek:

#@($(*#&*%$*(@!!!

no, it's not just mislabelled. It's a TF-10 for someone named Bunnelle. It's labelled TF-10, not JH-13. It has a different serial number. And it, you know, LOOKS DIFFERENT - the speakers inside are totally different. About the only similarity is that they're both clear.

But c'mon people, this is a very expensive IEM. Can we please not just LOSE it? please?

:triportsad: