The Quad thread

postjack

Why is there particular excitement over the '63's and not their newer counterparts? Is it just a price/DIY kind of thing? After all the expense of getting a pair of 63's in fully working condition, it doesn't seem that they're much cheaper than the somewhat more reliable later models.

They're physically much larger than I had anticipated. And that's going to be a problem. Haven't hooked them up yet.

Well gee, I guess you'll have to send them to me. I'll send along my Consonance integrated and my smaller dual 5 1/4 woofered Emotiva monitors.

That is why they spent such a short time on my desk before moving on.

FFFFUUUUU. I'm so bad with dimensions. The 9Ls are obviously better for me. But they are gotdam expensive in comparison. We'll see, I'll hook these up tonight to confirm they work (they are beautiful, btw), then determine if they stay at home, go to work, or go to someone else.

FFFFUUUUU. I'm so bad with dimensions. The 9Ls are obviously better for me. But they are gotdam expensive in comparison. We'll see, I'll hook these up tonight to confirm they work (they are beautiful, btw), then determine if they stay at home, go to work, or go to someone else.

They do seem big at first but you get used to them.

Seriously, I may be interested if you decide to sell them. I've been planning on getting a pair for a while now. Timing sucks a little due to CJ, but I may still be able to swing it. Not that it really matters to me but what's the veneer/finish?

Dinny have you considered the Wharfdale 8.1 active? It's plain Jane looking by comparison, but I hear the value is pretty good.

Edited by swt61

Why is there particular excitement over the '63's and not their newer counterparts? Is it just a price/DIY kind of thing? After all the expense of getting a pair of 63's in fully working condition, it doesn't seem that they're much cheaper than the somewhat more reliable later models.

Price mostly, I can't refurb the panels myself. What else is in that $1500-2500 (used) ballpark, ESL-988?