Computer as source- web interface

I'm wondering if there is any good software that can implement a "jukebox" style web interface to browse all albums. Basically create a website on a local computer that is easily updated with album art and artist information by simply inputting information into a field.

The user can then just go to their local website and browse their entire collection say for example by album art. Or clicking on an artist which would then take you to a page of album art for just that artist.

It wouldn't have to playback anything just serve as GUI showing the user what music they have access to.

I'm using foobar2000 and iTunes, but both of them have become too cumbersome when dealing with large directories spread over multiple drives and different masterings. With the above web interface I could easily find what I'm looking to listen to and then load the album into the player.

I see a lot of the audiophile jukebox devices use something similar, but they are all stand alone units and I want to stick with my computer. I understand coding something like this should be fairly straightforward, but I can't program let alone making custom fields to easily add information.

Does something like this exist? Free or pay it doesn't matter.

• 10 months later...

there's a few you might wish to take a poke at. I was meaning to try this, but other things came up, so none of these are really tested.

sockso is probably the 'simplest' - no install needed, and runs on the big 3 OSes Sockso - Personal Music Server

Jinjora is what i'd run, if i did, since i have a linux server with PHP Jinzora - Jinzora :: Free Your Media!

there's a bunch of other options too Sockso alternatives for Windows - AlternativeTo.net