list your equipment here

ayt999

Work system:

Sony CDP-CE525 (as transport) -> MSB Link DAC III (w/upsampling to 24/96 & HDCD options) -> Radii HAP-02 -> Beyer headphones (usually DT770, but I brought the DT990's and the DT831's to work with me today). Interconnects vary -- currently using some Straightwire blue somethings.

Computer work system: stock soundcard -> Rat Shack Gold series mini-RCA adapter/interconnect -> Radii HAP-03 -> same headphones

Home system (winter):

Sony SCD-CE775 (as transport, and as SACD player) -> GW Labs DSP (upsampler) -> Muxical Fidelity X-24K DAC -> Wheatfield HA-02 -> different Beyer headphones. Interconnects vary, currently using some Silver Sound somethings.

(summer):

substitute the Wheatfield for the Singlepower Supra/SDS/somewhere-between-the-two

Also use Cardas Neutral refs and Outlaw Audio PCA's. Just some regular old Hosa digital cables, and stock power cords. The only upgrade headphone cable I have are several different ones for my Senn HD600, which I rarely use (I have a distaste for most open headphones).

Also have a Stax SRS-3010 (SR-202 + SRM-310) system lying around somewhere, and a Grado HP-2.

• 2 weeks later...

In a few short weeks I'll have:

Monster HTS3500 MKII -> EMU-0404 (modded) / SD-3950 -> Lite DAC-Ah -> Millet Hybrid (STEPS & DB's) -> HD650's (Oehlbach cable)

Quite a modest setup, but I've been at it for a few years and I'm finally zero'ing on the sound I really like, with the added flexibility of being able to use CD's or my digital collection for playback.