vBulletin 4 Upgrade

tkam

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Much better this way Mike, I like it more, thanks. Now we just need to make the default type size in the quick reply box a bit larger.

Edit: Any idea why my signature with the artcovers is much smaller than Reks' and what it was with the older VB version?

Edited by Torpedo

maybe it scales down now due to it being longer?

This.

I just tested it out with my own sig and the image does scale depending on how many albums you put on it.

EDIT - now they're all showing up in the same size, going beyond the forum border, in fact.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

the scaling is controlled by an auto-resizing image plugin i have. it was initially set to limit sig images to 500 pixels wide, so i bumped it up to 1024. but if thats going beyond the forum border for some people i'll drop it back down to 800. though i am surprised anyone is still using a resolution as low as 1024 width.

the scaling is controlled by an auto-resizing image plugin i have. it was initially set to limit sig images to 500 pixels wide, so i bumped it up to 1024. but if thats going beyond the forum border for some people i'll drop it back down to 800. though i am surprised anyone is still using a resolution as low as 1024 width.

I think it has more to do with a lot of folks not running HC in the full window while browsing. I know I run a partial window a lot of the time to allow for quick switching between different applications.

Yes, that is excellent.

One more minor request - when viewing stuff like the "recent posts" option there isn't much differentiation between the thread and poster information. It'd be sweet if either by color or some other signifier the two things could be more easily delineated. Oddly, on my phone the poster info shows up larger than the thread title, one more reason to buy tapatalk I guess.

Lots of forum search functions seem broke.

Example #1 - if I click on a user and hit find posts it seems to find a random selection of posts by that user, but doesn't provide any preview of the posts (just titles) and also doesn't find very many posts.

Example #2 - if I click on the # of posts in a thread it still brings up the list of who has posted how many times but if I click a number, which previously would have displayed a list of posts by that user in a particular thread, it just again shows a random list of posts by that user in all sorts of different threads and doesn't appear to even be chronological.