DFW Texas 1/23/10

Asr

left to right: unknown #1, unknown #2, luvdunhill, swt61, [AK]Zip, Bazile, Maxvla

dfw8_hc_12.jpg

Dear lord.. Just saw this picture for the first time. Don't frequent HC all that much. Makes me even more glad I lost 75lbs last year. Still have room to go, but I've been holding steady at 195-200 for the last 3 months while not doing much more than eating fairly cleanly. If I make it to HF's Austin meet in March and some of you are there you might not recognize me!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what you mean? Still - would mean I have previously and pimping - would mean I have. Neither of these is true. As for RSA gear, I don't have any and never have. I liked what I heard at RMAF and posted that I did. If that is pimping, everyone is guilty of it.

Sorry, after being attacked in the LCD3 thread I was on the defensive and assumed it was more of the same. I'm a pretty easy going person, but I stay focused on task so the social graces elude me often. Kind of a rough crowd here, seems if you aren't a DIYer or someone with real electronics knowledge you aren't very welcome. Hard to break in as a person who just enjoys quality sound and gets through gear upgrades by simply trying stuff instead of understanding it.

Sorry, after being attacked in the LCD3 thread I was on the defensive and assumed it was more of the same. I'm a pretty easy going person, but I stay focused on task so the social graces elude me often. Kind of a rough crowd here, seems if you aren't a DIYer or someone with real electronics knowledge you aren't very welcome. Hard to break in as a person who just enjoys quality sound and gets through gear upgrades by simply trying stuff instead of understanding it.

I'm living proof that you can have tin ears, be confused by schematics and not be able to solder and still get along here. Having a sense of humor, leaving your ego at the key board and participating in community helps.

Edited by Aimless1

This ISN'T a headphone site, particularly.

^This. HC is more like a virtual bar where we all hang out and discuss mainly non-headphone related shit. But when it comes to gear, most people here have generally excellent taste (at least in my opinon) and when someone comes in with different tastes, they tend to get picked on.

All this may not seem fair but honestly, life isn't fucking fair....and it's fun to pick on people :)

As Dan has said once before, HC is more a booze forum than an audio forum

Maxvla is a nice guy. I've met him a few times at meets, and I think he could fit in here. He just needs to take time to understand what we're about here. We can be rude, but we're not here only to be rude. There is a very friendly, and very supportive group here. It just takes time to find your place.

Just understand that we're not here to harbor Head-Fi escapees.

Mostly just here for alternative (and more realistic) opinions and gear suggestions. I've browsed quite a bit, but not posted much. You guys would probably prefer that, heh.

For my purchases what I hear is the ultimate decider, but my ego is not in the way of listening to others with more experience and (certainly) more knowledge than I have. As abrupt as this forum can be, I also like how you guys cut the BS and get right to it.