Part Sourcing Assistance/Advice Thread

n_maher

More assistance/advice than sourcing ...

Anybody tried tapping the mounting holes on the Neutrik PCB mount XLR connectors?

210_301911.jpg

Does it work? And, what size tap did you try? The panel mounting holes are very difficult to reach, and when they are packed in on a PCB, the bottom one is, so far as I can tell, completely useless.

More assistance/advice than sourcing ...

Anybody tried tapping the mounting holes on the Neutrik PCB mount XLR connectors?

http://mouser.com/images/neutrik/images/210_301911.jpg

Does it work? And, what size tap did you try? The panel mounting holes are very difficult to reach, and when they are packed in on a PCB, the bottom one is, so far as I can tell, completely useless.

I have a couple at home, I'll try 4-40 and 6-32 and report back.

Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but it doesn't seem like it's worth it's own thread.

I know a number of folks here use Cam-Expert for front panels, but Front Panel Express just sent out an email to newsletter subscribers indicating that the latest release of their software (due on April 12) will also include an OS X version.

I got 2.5. With the OptiLoupe I get 5x. The lenses are Glass I believe, they are very clear and sharp all the way to the edges.

The Quasar light system bathes a large area in intense White-Blueish light. Total pleasure to use.

Thanks so much for the link and recommendation, I'm definitely picking up a set.

• 4 weeks later...
Anybody know a good source for angle brackets like the one pictured? Basically, this one would be about perfect if the measurements were in cm, not inches.

Overall, I am looking for aluminum or stainless, 20mm to 40mm in length, and holes for 4x 4-40 screws.

I'd source something like that locally if I needed them in great quantities... otherwise, I'd DIY.

I'd source something like that locally if I needed them in great quantities... otherwise, I'd DIY.

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything like it in the local hardware stores.

Agreed, the mix of metric and standard (mm dims, 4-40 screws) doesn't seem likely to be found on a shelf.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be that specific. One side will go into aluminum using a small machine screw, the other into wood using a small wood screw. It needs to fit in a space less than 50mm. But, whether those screws are M2.5, 4-40, #4, whatever -- doesn't really matter. I just need something that is overall small.

Doug, how many do you need anyways?

50, 100? Not sure yet, but more than 3.