Part Sourcing Assistance/Advice Thread

n_maher

I had used the plain old GE Silicone II in clear before. Many of the caps in the Counterpoint pre I used to have were affixed using clear silicone (from the factory). As long as it is low odor it should be non-acidic. From a quick google of electronics-grade silicone, it looks like GC has one for a reasonable price (<$5 a tube).

Anyone keep track of the PcX discount specials? I'm wanting to get some Caps and am waiting around for the next special. If anyone happens to notice the announcement or has a feeling when it would be, perhaps you could post here?

x2 also have some caps I need and waiting for the next 20% off sale. How much do they charge for shipping to the US for small < 1 lb orders via the cheapest air mail?

Due to unavailability of Dynalo PCBs I'll be building one on a perfboard. I have a question regarding the 2sj74- as you most likely know there are two versions- BL and GR. Which one should I use? I'm using this schematic- http://www.elfaforum...46&d=1336591768

Also as this is my first major DIY project- if I stuck to the parts shown on the schematic- with what gain I'll end up? I'm looking to drive my HD650, so 8-11X would be plenty.

Edited by RudeWolf

BL if you can get them (same for 2SK170).

Is Amb out of Dynalo boards? I may have one laying about that I probably won't need (the original DGardner boards, not the ones Lil Knight had run). Stock Dynalo gain should be fine; I've never adjusted the gain on any of mine and they have been just right for all the phones I've thrown at them. Note, I didn't look at your schematic from work.

Sure, Pars- take a look. I'm building a two channel and was under the impression that 1 channel=1 board, if it's a stereo board then I'd take one.

Dang, that must be the smallest Dynahi I've ever seen on diyaudio! I'll contact that guy If I get any more questions regarding the build.

RudeWolf

I do have (2) of the Rev. C Dynalo boards left. I could part with one. PM me with your address and what you consider fair and we'll go from there.

BTW, the link Marc posted was a Dynalo, not a Dynahi.