Part Sourcing Assistance/Advice Thread

n_maher

actually with the dirlled holes it needs to have the mounting holes on the short dimension. This will probably work as well, thanks!

sometimes I have written to Mouser service and ask them to find a specific component .... works pretty well, within 24 hours they usually turn up with something usefull

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking for a part that I can only find in Japan on RS Components in Japan.  The part is hn4c06j from Toshiba.

I'm wondering if someone would be will to purchase and ship to me in the US.  I was looking at a quantity of 100.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am looking for on/off switch for 325vac secondaries on power transformer for KGST, SRX etc.. Anyone knows where I can source them? The highest voltage rating switches I can find on Mouser seems to be 250v. I think I need 350vac rating or higher. 1A or 0.5A should be sufficient for current rating.

My plan is to have two power switches on my power supply. The main switch controls the primary windings of the transformer(s) and energizes the low voltage power supply/regulator and the tube heater supply. I then flip on the second switch after 30 seconds or so which connects the secondary windings for the HV supply/regulator. A simple, poor-man's delayed B+ control if you will. 

Edited by mwl168

Why not just use an actual delay which will probably cost less than the poor man's delay, and it will prevent you (or your friends) from flipping the wrong switch.

I like to keep it simple. You cannot "flip the wrong switch" so to speak since the secondaries are not energize unless the main switch is on. The worst thing can happen is no delay to the B+ supply - everything is energized all at the same time.

I've grown very used to this power on sequence  - it's employed on the OTL speaker amps I've used for almost 10 years.

I've been thinking about making a completely custom enclosure for the Carbon from scratch. The problem is finding heatsinks to use as the chassis sides. I have some dimensions in mind, but am having a hard time finding sources that don't want to make runs of 2000lbs. There is http://www.heatsinkusa.com, which has good prices and sells in small quantities, but none of the profiles there work for me. Then I found Aavid, which has good profiles, but has an order minimum of $800 (i.e., one 300mm sink costs $800, and 10x 300mm also cost $800). I sent out a few emails to various vendors I found by Googling, but so far, no good replies came back.

Does anyone have experience ordering small quantities of extruded aluminum heatsinks, and can suggest a vendor?