Part Sourcing Assistance/Advice Thread

n_maher

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering about the transistors used on one of the older versions of the susy dynahi boards being obsolete, and after searching online I think I've found replacements for all of them that seem to be drop in. I'm just wondering if these are fine or if I need to find something else or try and source NOS or used parts.

• 2SA1358/2SC3421: KSA1220AYS/KSC2690AYS
  • 2SA1145/2SC2705: MMBT5551/MMBT5401LT1G
  • 2SA1349/2SC3381: matched pairs of KSA992/KSC1845
  • Matched pairs of 2SJ74/2SK170: matched pairs of LSJ689/LSK489 or LSK74/LSJ170 (both seem to be rare/expensive!!)
Edited by Ariamella

3 minutes ago, PretentiousFood said:

Mouser's finest!

I'm not sure about the hfe grade as I can't find the receipt. The package says FCE. FCE is not an hfe grade, but E is the highest and sounds like something I would buy.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like.

image.png

This is the hFE chart on the datasheet of the KSA992 (and should be identical to the grading system on the KSC1845).

image.png.e1e7cc6a0fab90a1886905f41590ff1d.png

@kevin gilmore, do the 2SA1145/2SC2705 on the ss dynahi boards I have need to be matched?

Guys for the 100uf Electrolytic in the ss dynalo what would be the best capacitor to use in that position?Both in technical and musical terms combined?or doesn´t that matter at all?

I saw some of us use nichicon ufg,ukz but i want to know if there are different opinions.

Thanks

28 minutes ago, Pars said:

I personally like Panasonic... FM or FR. If you want to go semi foo foo, use Elma Silmic II.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is semi foo foo in this case Pars? :lol:

6 minutes ago, jose said:

I like Nichi KW... but really, you can put anyone

Yes i know i can use anyone but was just wondering what teh guys thought was best both in musical and technical terms. I was thinking in use nichi ukz.

Thanks Jose