Part Sourcing Assistance/Advice Thread

n_maher

Foo foo = audiophool

Semi in this case because Elma Silmics are good caps (Nelson Pass seems to like them), std parts places like Mouser carry them, etc. They are only 85C rated, unlike the Panas and Nichicon which are 105C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for those mumetal bands that you wrap around a toroid transformer for extra shielding. Somebody used them in a build thread in here a few months ago and I'm having a hard time finding it again. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Edit: Found that it was actually the oriented grain steel used by rumina from Don Audio https://www.don-audio.com/trafo-shield

Edited by Tinkerer

Looks like the BF862 is finally seeing its demise. It was labeled EOL a while back and now the part hoarders are sucking them dry. There are a few left at Newark, so I ordered some. Good parts for MC phono-stage input, which was my use. You can also parallel them a get a good 2SK170 replacement - folks even made boards to stick four of them together.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes that is the one I was looking at getting, have you tried it with any non Molex connectors and does it crimp both wings at the same time or one at a time? If both, can you measure the exact width? I was thinking of CNCing my own die but realized it may not be as simple as I first thought.

In other news, I just got off the phone with a service rep at arrow who had a quaint Southern drawl and I accidentally switched to my approximation of one halfway through the convo. 

13 hours ago, mypasswordis said:

Yes that is the one I was looking at getting, have you tried it with any non Molex connectors and does it crimp both wings at the same time or one at a time? If both, can you measure the exact width? I was thinking of CNCing my own die but realized it may not be as simple as I first thought.

In other news, I just got off the phone with a service rep at arrow who had a quaint Southern drawl and I accidentally switched to my approximation of one halfway through the convo. 

Yes, it crimps both wings at the same time. First you crimp conductor (wire), then you crimp insulator with larger die that is close to holders.

I was looking at Engineer PA-09/20 as well, but it doesn't have separate die for crimping insulator.

Regarding width, I cannot measure it at the moment. But I always use Molex, e.g.lock header 22-11-2022 + crimp terminal connector 0008550131/0008550130 + lock housing 0009508023. Fits perfectly.

I also used it with TE Connectivity connectors which are Molex analogue.

• Thanks 1