Part Sourcing Assistance/Advice Thread

n_maher

on semi are end of life/obsoleting the FQPF8N80C

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/onsemi-Fairchild/FQPF8N80C?qs=oLpdVludopqPPn1yJbx16Q%3D%3D

its used in the power supplies for the T2 (kgsshv) and the modern version of the blue Hawaii.

thank you again onsemi for obsoleting everything that is high voltage and/or audio related.

currently radio spares and digikey have stock

mouser has been out of stock for some time.

EDIT: As Kerry has pointed out only mouser is showing this as End Of Life so hopefully this is not the case.

Edited by jamesmking
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

23 minutes ago, Pars said:

Been looking for something like these, but can never seem to find them on Mouser or Digikey. Something like the splice terminals used just below the transformer in this picture:

maybe try WAGO 294?

Edited by ang728
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 9:28 PM, Pars said:

Been looking for something like these, but can never seem to find them on Mouser or Digikey. Something like the splice terminals used just below the transformer in this picture:

1844117336_Soekrisdam1941.thumb.jpg.b183

The modern version would be WAGO 221-2411.
They can be stacked together (optionally if you want) by WAGO 221-2504.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Reima said:

Anyone know where I can get 4 pieces of 2SJ79?

I have purchased 2sk216 and 2sj79 from spritzer for a mostly modern t2 build. The prices might not be cheap compared to the price of the transistors when still in manufacture but they are now increasingly rare and the market is flooded with fakes. You are getting genuine parts if you buy from Spritzer - unlike pretty much every seller on ebay which are selling fakes and ebay does not give a care.

Edited by jamesmking

37 minutes ago, jamesmking said:

I have purchased 2sk216 and 2sj79 from spritzer for a mostly modern t2 build. The prices might not be cheap compared to the price of the transistors when still in manufacture but they are now increasingly rare and the market is flooded with fakes. You are getting genuine parts if you buy from Spritzer - unlike pretty much every seller on ebay which are selling fakes and ebay does not give a care.

Thanks, I will check with Spritzer. Is it better to contact him by the email from his website?

3 hours ago, Reima said:

Thanks, I will check with Spritzer. Is it better to contact him by the email from his website?

I just sent him a private message on this forum. I told him that I wanted them for a mostly modern T2 build and that I just needed a few - enough to build one amp and a set of spares in case the build went wrong, and was not going to resell them for scalper prices on ebay....I suspect he might be less inclined to supply if the intent was to resell - especially for a profit.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 1:37 PM, jamesmking said:

on semi are end of life/obsoleting the FQPF8N80C

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/onsemi-Fairchild/FQPF8N80C?qs=oLpdVludopqPPn1yJbx16Q%3D%3D

its used in the power supplies for the T2 (kgsshv) and the modern version of the blue Hawaii.

thank you again onsemi for obsoleting everything that is high voltage and/or audio related.

currently radio spares and digikey have stock

mouser has been out of stock for some time.

I'm not seeing this as obsolete on the OnSemi site (only on Mouser).  Am I missing something?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kerry said:

I'm not seeing this as obsolete on the OnSemi site (only on Mouser).  Am I missing something?

I think you might be correct, mouser has it as end of life, but on semi does not and none of the other usual suppliers do. Hopefully mouser is wrong.

So hopefully it is not EOL..

Edited by jamesmking
  • Like 1