Part Sourcing Assistance/Advice Thread

n_maher

Looking for some of these parts while I wait on an order...

Mini-Universal MATE-N-LOK, Rectangular Power Connectors, Header, Receptacle, Wire-to-Board, 2 Position

Part Number: 1-770166-0

TE_1-770166-0.png.27bf4718732887683d1d9a3c9b7c27d9.png

Does anybody have some they can spare?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

C2M1000170D has just become available again from radio spares. if you want to avoid mouser (currently out of stock anyway) or digikeys current pricing gouging of $9+ EACH.

In radio spares select production pack not standard pack to see 1213 in stock minimum purchase 5 the price is still more than pre-silicon shortage levels but is low compared to other sellers.

Edited by jamesmking

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pars said:

Are you going to use relays to switch them? If you were just wanting to use a mechanical switch, I believe you will need a 4P to do that. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Yes, mechanical. It is a DPDT for two channels. Shorting pin3 to ground on the RCA out only. The XLR out is not affected by the switch.

fig3.3-7.png

Edited by audiostar

I am looking for some sort of quick release system that I can use to move a wireless throttle over to the other side of the boat. The base would maybe be strapped on around grey mesh wing in the picture. Ideally I would have two bases and then disengage the plate and move it over. On the bottom of the throttle there are two female threaded inserts to attach it. This needs to be pretty sturdy in case the boat tips and pretty easy to disconnect.

Any ideas what I might be able to repurpose?

DD2E3F7E-6B13-4AB2-9031-0363AF73609A.jpeg

On 8/21/2022 at 2:44 AM, luvdunhill said:

I am looking for some sort of quick release system that I can use to move a wireless throttle over to the other side of the boat. The base would maybe be strapped on around grey mesh wing in the picture. Ideally I would have two bases and then disengage the plate and move it over. On the bottom of the throttle there are two female threaded inserts to attach it. This needs to be pretty sturdy in case the boat tips and pretty easy to disconnect.

Any ideas what I might be able to repurpose?

DD2E3F7E-6B13-4AB2-9031-0363AF73609A.jpeg

Check out the arca-swiss style mounting plates. Very sturdy, easy to detach and there are different size plates available. Used on high-end professional telephoto lenses and heavy cameras as well. Check out Really Right Stuff in in the US, Kirk as well. Those are hard anodized parts like guns, so water shouldn't be much of an issue.

The plate will fit pretty nicely the throttle from below and is easy to detach within seconds from a quick release clamp.

Edited by audiostar

On 8/21/2022 at 1:38 AM, Rinat said:

@sbelyo , do you think about possible substitution? 

I've found interesting transistor: TTC5460B. It is available at chip1stop.

It has much lower max current but also lower Cob. I think you could check if it is suitable for you. 

I haven't yet no.  I did source what I need in a trade just now so for the immediate future I'm ok

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Pars said:

For all you metric kids out there: what size of fasteners do you use for an L bracket to heatsink (i.e., dynahi, carbon, etc.)? M4? M5? Thanks!

Something like that :) I tend to use M4 because I find it easier to tap the smaller holes, but both should be fine.

EDIT: You can of course put more force on an M5, but if you have thermal compound or a silpad between the surfaces there's no need to tighten it too hard anyway IMO.

Edited by UFN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's an ONSemi part. I really don't know what has happened with ONsemi. They bought Fairchild and Sanyo, and have obsoleted most of the really useful audio parts. Anything remaining has ended up on ridiculous lead times.

We're well beyond the Covid excuse, and I'm left with bungling corporate incompetence as the only explanation remaining

• Angry 1

5 hours ago, Craig Sawyers said:

It's an ONSemi part. I really don't know what has happened with ONsemi. They bought Fairchild and Sanyo, and have obsoleted most of the really useful audio parts. Anything remaining has ended up on ridiculous lead times.

We're well beyond the Covid excuse, and I'm left with bungling corporate incompetence as the only explanation remaining

I hate nosemi...

20 hours ago, Craig Sawyers said:

so may be find some analog for KSC5026MOS, on Aliexpress some shops try to sell 1pcs for 24$ 🤔

Edited by bbest