Part Sourcing Assistance/Advice Thread

n_maher

• 4 weeks later...

A word of caution about the CMC 805-2.5F chassis-mount RCA sockets I recently bought and received from AliExpress (also widely available on eBay and other places). They don't work.

I don't know if all these similarly-labelled RCA sockets are all made by the same manufacturer. The ones I received look well-made but are out of spec. The ones with red insert are way too loose and won't hold a tight connection and the ones with white insert are way too tight and need hercules force to insert (and good luck trying to unplug it afterwards).

I bought 5 pairs and all of them have the same issue. 

It's a pity, they do appear well made with good quality materials otherwise. Hope others can chime in with their experience.  

RCA.JPG

Edited by mwl168

1 hour ago, mwl168 said:

A word of caution about the CMC 805-2.5F chassis-mount RCA sockets I recently bought and received from AliExpress (also widely available on eBay and other places). They don't work.

I don't know if all these similarly-labelled RCA sockets are all made by the same manufacturer. The ones I received look well-made but are out of spec. The ones with red insert are way too loose and won't hold a tight connection and the ones with white insert are way too tight and need hercules force to insert (and good luck trying to unplug it afterwards).

I bought 5 pairs and all of them have the same issue. 

It's a pity, they do appear well made with good quality materials otherwise. Hope others can chime in with their experience.  

RCA.JPG

I have some of those as well, from THL audio IIRC. I don't recall any issues with them, other than the ground being a bit of a pain in the ass to solder. I'll check mine, but I've had them a few years now. They do seem to be made pretty well; not as nice as the Cardas rhodium, but a lot more reasonably priced.

@ Pars: I suspect the ones I got are poorly made copies of the ones you got from THL which is actually located in Taiwan. I guess the trick is which vendors can one trust to get the quality ones.

Jose: I like Neutrik product very well and use them when I can. I this case it's just much less work to drill one hole per connector than 3. :lol: 

• Like 1

OK...

https://www.electrokit.com/en/lme49610ts.49676

This place seems to have them (Sweden), at ~$5.70 each. Don't know what shipping will run.

And this place:

http://www.kynix.com/Detail/223389/LME49610.html

EDIT: a couple of chinese sellers on ebay as well, but more than $5 apiece. A related item (according to ebay) had me laughing:

CL-A03 PRO high with fever portable amp

Edited by Pars

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2018 at 9:55 AM, jose said:

I´m working on my Megatron and checking the threadt I found references to STN9630 and KSA1156 but I would like to be secure.

Hi Jose:

See my post in the Magatron thread - I used the KSA1156 (flipped around for the different pinout) based on advise from Kevin and it works fine. I believe STN9360 (not STN9630) should work as well.

Edited by mwl168

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 4:12 PM, JoaMat said:

Electrokit is my favorite supplier – a small and friendly company. Just takes my 15 minutes by car.

They are one location shop and be great if they are state side, Ali express has been a nightmare last few attempts in genera.

• 3 weeks later...