The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

Damn Justin :o

Er, you wouldn't consider maybe loaning it to me for, I dunno, a month or six, just so I can see how fully awesome my Smegma Pros really are :angel:

Hehe

That's a great looking amp and probably sounds even better than it looks. I'm all jealous of you canjam peeps.

I'm also jealous of you Can Jammers. Wasn't the International Head-Fi Meet 2009 going to be held in Europe? Germany would be perfect, since it's relatively cheap to travel there given its central location.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind anyone sending me a STAX Lambda Pro for auditioning purposes with my future Singlepower amp. I think they would mate pretty well. ;)

The dust is almost always stuck to the membrane. Only dust and the charred remains of arced mylar make this sound but basically look for anything that is protruding close to the stators and will move once the high voltage hits.

I didn't see anything when I opened it up again, but wiping the membrane gently with some PVC wrap (dry, of course) seems to have done the trick, thanks :D

Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind anyone sending me a STAX Lambda Pro for auditioning purposes with my future Singlepower amp. I think they would mate pretty well. ;)

Sorry, fresh out of Pro's or any Lambdas for that matter. I own a few in Japan but the scene has been so quiet over there lately that saving up for a shipment isn't going too well.

I didn't see anything when I opened it up again, but wiping the membrane gently with some PVC wrap (dry, of course) seems to have done the trick, thanks :D

Very cool!! :dance:

This is kind of a random question, but does anyone know how the XLR/RCA input on the SRM-007t works?

If I switch the input to XLR, and feed the amp balanced (+, -, and gnd) signal, would the RCA input work as a single ended (+ and gnd) loop out? I've actually tried this, and it seems to work. I hope I'm not somehow shorting the L and R - signals together when I do this.

Also, I am assuming that the amp is simply "fully balanced" (+ and - are separately amplified with respect to gnd) when the input is switched to XLR. What happens when the input is switched to RCA?

Nope. Amplifier is fully balanced output. Single ended input, or balanced input

does not matter.

Thanks for the answer. This makes a lot more sense. I was just wondering since the description of the 007t says that it has "no transformer or inverting amplifier in the signal path."

To answer my other question, I tested the inputs using a multimeter yesterday, and it looks like the RCA input does work as an SE loop out for the XLR input.