The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

My first pair of Stax are on the there way. What are some of things I need to be aware of as far as dust, plugging them into the wall (power conditioner or not) unplugging them or anything else that might be of use?

Don't wear them with a wet head/post-shower. :)

What earspeaker/amp are you picking up?

I am getting gph's lambda signatures with SRM-Xh amp. Thanks for replying postjack.

Hey, I didn't know you were a Head-caser too. O0

You should get your Stax phones and amp before the end of the week unless you're truly unlucky.

Yeah GPH just recently discovered this forum and definetly understood and am grateful that it was started. Voltron you know diebenkorn? Monkey what kind of amp are you looking for?

Yeah, my dad lived next door or two doors down from him and they were close friends as kids. My pack-rat dad actually kept some of RCD's drawings of knights, cowboys and gangsters, and we still have them (yes, they are signed). He also sent RCD one or two of the drawings and Diebenkorn wrote back with a friendly note. When the SF MOMA did a Diebenkorn retrospective, the multimedia presentation used the drawings.

As for me, I like the Ocean Park series and some of his other work, but have only owned prints not the real deal. Maybe some day. . .

I just got a SRD-7 and I don't know how to hook it up. It has a cable with a set of banana coming out of the back and a set of banana plugs on the back. Is one supposed to be going to a set of speakers and the other an input set from an amp? Which one is the input set and which one is an output set if this is the case?

Thanks

I am listening to my Gamma Pro via SRD-7 Pro via Berning micro-ZOTL via Auricap Doc via iMod right now.

I am really surprise by the clarity and depth of sound I am hearing. I know many here say there is a long way up the ladder from here but this is very pleasing to me.

How will going to a higher wattage amp effect the sound. The Berning micro-ZOTL is a 1 watt per channel amp. It gets plenty loud for me at about 3 o'clock.