The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

For the case, the Nabu from Surplus Sales of Nebraska with a FPE panel would be a decent choice I think. MAT02 could work to replace the 2SK389, or the LSK389. 2SA1968 isnt difficult to find, just expensive. Check BDent, they have it in stock, and I have always had good luck with them before.

That case would work well and at that price it's tough to beat.

Glad to hear that you like them. It may be time to buy one now and use that black PC-OCC cable I've been saving for just that... :P Can you post some detailed pics of the back of the earcups to show how the cable attaches to the drivers?

I'm not sure if it would be worth the trouble pulling them apart to replace the cable. The problem is that the ear cups are glued in place (bad idea I know) and would have to be removed.

It's the damn chassis work that gets me. Well, that and the soldering and troubleshooting and stuff--but the damn chassis work is the killer.

Friggen lawyers, never wanna get their hands dirty. :)

And I was talking about looking for whatever board files are out there, new, old, yet to be done. Doesn't matter a bit to me. If all that's available are shitty old board files then lets re-do them. I may be an ass but I don't generally do things half-assed. I'm a whole ass, damnit.

And I was talking about looking for whatever board files are out there, new, old, yet to be done. Doesn't matter a bit to me. If all that's available are shitty old board files then lets re-do them. I may be an ass but I don't generally do things half-assed. I'm a whole ass, damnit.

Then I'm in, dagummit! But, er, how much, y'know, like electricity am I gonna be exposed to? If there's one thing I like less than unlean hands, it's getting zapped.

Go for a Blue Hawaii Nate. Tubes man. Tubes.