The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

My sarcasm meter is off today; which are you implying is the more obvious choice? ;D

I'm still trying to decide myself :P but based on the fact I've never heard any of these wares I'm probably leaning toward the latter.

which headphones >:D

I believe he's offering the SRM-T2 with SR-007. Strangely enough I'd have thought he would possess the original SR-Omegas

... and one more without O2s. I've had a pair for a few weeks and tried to like them like no phones in years. A tad too polite for me with every amp/source I've heard (but still haven't had the BH opportunity).

So I've decided to stop at the Lambdas. Sigs coming to compare to the Pros. Any ideas what to expect besides a little more detail and a little less musicality? And I still grab the 5nb/Golds often when I want a little Grado electrostatic moment. ;) Nothing wrong with budget Stax.

Crap! soon I'm going to be the only one on H-C without an Omega. How will I ever fit in with the cool kids....

:sadcat:

Trade in one of them flappy paddle AKG earcages you've got.

You've got some O2 pads on your Smegma aint you? Thats part O2 ownership, just buy the rest of the bits in instalments.

... and one more without O2s. I've had a pair for a few weeks and tried to like them like no phones in years. A tad too polite for me with every amp/source I've heard (but still haven't had the BH opportunity).

I really think it's the amp that makes or breaks the O2. Using the transformer it's anything but polite even at lower listening volume. I remember the same thing when I heard it with a KGSS.

Funnily enough, I want to try the Sigma Pro before the Omegas. The Sigmas are too wacky to ignore. :laugh:

They have an odd headstage, but I rather like them on certain genres.

I'm still holding an HFer's for him, but I've had no amp since he sold his in January.