The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

I for one would appreciate no further BHSE-related pics, I don't want to know what they'll look like until I actually get mine... :P

Oh for fuck's sake. Now I want to buy one more than ever.

x2 what they said.

Of course, completely taken out out context and manipulated to say what I feel.

Dammit, those are soo purty. Anyone wants to buy my right kidney? :(

I'll throw in a shovel for free.

Why don't you just build a BH? If you try not to blow anything up it could be built for about 1000-1500$ but it will not look as nice as Justin's work.

On another note, an update on the Egmont. It works but there is nowhere enough gain in the current configuration. Some more test to do...

BHSE Finally almost done....laser engraving remains suicide.gif

I want to change my color choices!

Nah, just kidding... or not.

Actually, I want someone else's unit. Someone else's is always better. My unit is probably the ugliest.

I'll pay an extra $5 for Asr's unit or extra $500 for spritzer's unit.

I went with all black except for silver tube rings.

That's the same as my Aristaeus, but without the Aristaeus' wood accents.

It is probably the ugliest. *cry*

Justin, let me have spritzer's unit for an extra $500 + an SR-Omega, or I'll pay -$1000 for my ugly unit.

That's not ugly though I prefer silver... so stop trying to bribe Justin to let you have my amp!!! :mad:

I have parts to make another identical to Spritzers, so I will agree to take your +$500 and SR-Omega

FTW!!!! Could you make mine a little bit more silver though. If it means you have to spray paint the Stax sockets silver and scratch up the rest of the bodywork then so be it. :D

Why don't you just build a BH? If you try not to blow anything up it could be built for about 1000-1500$ but it will not look as nice as Justin's work.

Hi, since you mentioned about building BH, I would like to ask you if could to help clarify some information, because to build KGBH not easy task. I hope it’s just me missing something.

The main problem is the PCBs. To order them I need files. Kevin said that he can't provide them because of the agreement with Justin, who designed them, but Justin willing to sell the boards. Which is very good, because it will be cheaper and easier just to buy them from him? I ask (emailed) Justin, asking if he have them, and looks like my message was lost in tons of other emails, from angry headfirst who were waiting imptient for thier builds, KGBH SE included ;).

On the other hand I heard that in the near future will be new redesigned two boards PSU (one per channel, not two on the same board), which be able to provide 500v. Plus the original designed schematic has been tweaked, and is now KGBH SE.

So I decided to wait and hope that all of that will be available in the near future to regular DIYer.

Few more questions :).

What is the difference between SRD 7/mkII and SRD 7 Pro.

And is it possible to lift bias on my SRD 7/mkII to 620-630v to use it with recabled ESP 950?

Thanks!

Last I heard Justin didn't have any boards and I was the only one with a few hanging about. I'm not going to sell any more though as I can't easily order more due to the messed up economic situation here. The BH is far from an easy project and makes most other amps look like toys.

There are some new PSU designs being worked on which is why I'm keen to cobble together an old style BH to test them with. 500v output will be tough to get though as the capacitors are the limiting factor here but two 450v PSU's could be serial connected to give 900v and that opens up the world of DHT's and other such niceties.

The SRD-7 Pro is just that, a Pro bias version of the original while the Mk2 features upgraded wiring. The difference isn't great though and there is so much more potential to be had with better transformers. You can't do anything simple to modify the stock bias supply but a new one isn't that hard to design.

http://fuchinove.chillout.jp/img335.gif

Blue is normal/weak fit. Red is good fit+seal. SR-007. :o

Does is say anywhere what amp was used?