The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

I just put thin rings of blutak on my SR-X between the metal ring and the plastic baffle, around the driver screens. I think I've inadvertently created a bass reflex design (there's probably a hole in the rings) because I'm getting MOAR BASES and the highs are slightly less brash than before. I don't know why, but I feel like the sound is a bit more polite now, too. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Reeeeeeeelly? That's.. that's... [trails off, mesmerized]

What happens when you crank it up? or don't you?

Oh yes, I cranked it good 'n propper. Sounds better than they ever did with the low bias on the stax box. The Koss amp really brought them to life... in a 'twice as bright/half as long' kinda way ;) They were going for a good 3/4 hour like that. It hasn't done any damage but probably would have if left for too much longer.

But the sound.... the sound... aaaah

Oh yes, I cranked it good 'n propper. Sounds better than they ever did with the low bias on the stax box. The Koss amp really brought them to life... in a 'twice as bright/half as long' kinda way ;) They were going for a good 3/4 hour like that. It hasn't done any damage but probably would have if left for too much longer.

But the sound.... the sound... aaaah

Hmm, if it wasn't arcing straight away is there any reason it would get damaged?

Well all I can say is the gods were smiling upon me to allow 600V through a 180V phone for the best part of an hour. I'd continue doing so if they weren't so damn rare.

It's the best 'stat phone I own, or heard seeing as how I've yet to hear either O2 jades or HE phones. The ET1000 sounds fantastic to me.

I have just replaced the crappy cables with the new Morays.

It's like listening to another headphone. Before, the sound gave a foggy and dark feeling. Right now it's like being at lake in a sunny day :D It's exactly the tonality I was after.

I have just replaced the crappy cables with the new Morays.

It's like listening to another headphone. Before, the sound gave a foggy and dark feeling. Right now it's like being at lake in a sunny day :D It's exactly the tonality I was after.

:prettyprincess: Until this transcendent moment you must have been thinking that most O2 lovers were nuts :P