The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

Dreamwhisper, I want to make something clear. If you are going to buy my headphone because it costs 300€ less than going rate, looking forward to fix it and have a perfectly working Omega 2, just buy one from someone you trust who can sell it for 1500$ or that ballpark. If you want to buy this Omega 2, you must accept that it might or might not be fixable. If I had the certainity that it was, I'd do it myself and then sell it for a lot more.

I don't want to seem rude but just to be clear. You are on the top of the queue, but I am not sure if you are convinced yet.

If you aren't sure, there already are other people who have accepted this fact.

Dreamwhisper, I want to make something clear. If you are going to buy my headphone because it costs 300€ less than going rate, looking forward to fix it and have a perfectly working Omega 2, just buy one from someone you trust who can sell it for 1500$ or that ballpark. If you want to buy this Omega 2, you must accept that it might or might not be fixable. If I had the certainity that it was, I'd do it myself and then sell it for a lot more.

I don't want to seem rude but just to be clear. You are on the top of the queue, but I am not sure if you are convinced yet.

If you aren't sure, there already are other people who have accepted this fact.

Crystal Clear. But if you were him, you would want to make the best percentage play possible. Smart to ask here first.

I have my Lambdas and my Jecklin Floats for soundstage.:) Otherwise I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that headphones generally can't do soundstage, though they may have great headstage. Definitely have to hear the HD800 sometime in my life; seems to be right up my alley, despite being dynamic.

Edited by mypasswordis
wrong word

A friend of mine needs some help with changing the mains voltage on his 717, could you guys help him out a bit?

:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/evil-zen/DSC_3981.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/evil-zen/DSC_3982.jpg

For some reason, putting the jumpers in positions 2,5 (for 240V) or 3,5 (for 220V) doesn't work for him. But since the 117V setting (which it is configured for right now) works the 120V windings should still be intact, I think.

I'll post pictures of the transformer taps as soon as he gets back to me.