The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

I sure hope not since graphite is a very bad choice for diaphragm coating (it absorbs moisture and is far from stable) but I just chalked this up to Fang trying to peddle his overpriced crap. One can just imagine how little the Jades cost to produce given the very cheap labor...

Yeah that was the joke.:) I'm guessing something on the order of $50USD to produce, including cost of parts. $50 is a lot in China, it can be what some people earn in an entire month.

Anyway, I did more modding on the ET1000. Removed the stock gold colored grilles you see in pic 2 and replaced with some speaker cloth. Smoothed out sound more. It's starting to be nothing like a stock ET1000 and will continue in this direction when I make the adapter and run it like a normal bias Stax.

He told me that he will run out of stock soon but he will likely to list a few more. I wanted to save up on shipping as well when I bought the SR-5NB headband but I had to pay it soon after, too.

Yeah that dude does NOT like it when you pay any after than the day after an invoice is sent. I told him to chill the second time around after explaining to him my power was out due to blizzard #1.

Just based on their sheer size plus circular shape I want to hear them :P

I kind of want to hear them, too. But if you want to listen to some headphones with drivers that are actually big, I've still got my Jecklin 'stats.:P

Does it seem very large? It doesn't seem exceptionally big to me, at least not much bigger than HE90, Jade, O2 or SR-Omega.

The housings do seem thick/deep.

You're probably right, it might be that picture has some distortion going on since the cups do fit in the Beyerdynamic assembly.