The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

edit: coming up on my two year anniversary of O2 mk1 ownership :)

:prettyprincess: I have my 7 year anniversary coming up. :)

Although isn't a group buy the exact type of thing that Stax tries hard to prevent to protect its dealers?

Yup but really it is any sale of Japanese parts to the rest of the world.

Got a response from Craig. Confirming Stax strict policy with parts, he thinks it could be a little difficult to do a larger order but is definately looking into it to see if it can be arranged. The pricing hes giving me for the purchase of a set of pads if you were to buy individually is about 7500JPY, which comes to around 80ish USD. He charges a $10 basic fee + 8% commision. If we do a personal payment transfer it cuts the commission down to 5% of the total cost. Hopefully he can arrange to get them at lower cost than 7500JPN, which would definately mean significant savings. But doing a group buy at the regular price means for example, that if we get more than 10 people to do it, we'll basically be saving on the $10 basic commision fee which only needs to be payed for once per transaction.

So the maximum savings at the regular price would be about $10 dollars per person, as long as we can get 10 people or more. After 10 people it doesn't matter how many because the savings will max out at $10 per person. So i'm not sure if thats significant enough to warrant a group buy, but if the regular price could be lowered, then perhaps it might be more worth it. Although $10 isn't bad, since I know we could probably get 10 people who want these anyways. Now I just need to come up with some sort of number of buyers interested for Craig, but we shouldn't start a group buy thread unless we get a good deal and the green light to do so. How many buyers do you guys think we could get? Maybe 10-20 would be a good estimate?

Got a response from Craig. Confirming Stax strict policy with parts, he thinks it could be a little difficult to do a larger order but is definately looking into it to see if it can be arranged. The pricing hes giving me for the purchase of a set of pads if you were to buy individually is about 7500JPY, which comes to around 80ish USD. He charges a $10 basic fee + 8% commision. If we do a personal payment transfer it cuts the commission down to 5% of the total cost. Hopefully he can arrange to get them at lower cost than 7500JPN, which would definately mean significant savings. But doing a group buy at the regular price means for example, that if we get more than 10 people to do it, we'll basically be saving on the $10 basic commision fee which only needs to be payed for once per transaction.

So the maximum savings at the regular price would be about $10 dollars per person, as long as we can get 10 people or more. After 10 people it doesn't matter how many because the savings will max out at $10 per person. So i'm not sure if thats significant enough to warrant a group buy, but if the regular price could be lowered, then perhaps it might be more worth it. Although $10 isn't bad, since I know we could probably get 10 people who want these anyways. Now I just need to come up with some sort of number of buyers interested for Craig, but we shouldn't start a group buy thread unless we get a good deal and the green light to do so. How many buyers do you guys think we could get? Maybe 10-20 would be a good estimate?

Basic commission fees and a whole bunch of shipping fees. No idea how many pairs would be wanted in total, but I personally would just want one pair.

I had some fun trying to kill a T-amp today. On those large transformers, any deep bass and it distorted like crazy. :D

Jesus those transformers are huge...:o

I would take one pair of Mk. II pads for the would-be 007BL of my future.

That would likely be the most awesome version of the MKI headphone out there. SR007BL+MK2 pads ftw!

see, I tried to start that FOTM.. it didn't work. People just said, "that's so krmathis".... :(

But I believed you and planned to credit you for such awesomeness in response to deadneddz's post. Just hadn't made it back here yet.

My only problem is that the screen on the 007BL is champagne colored and might look weird with all the black and silver otherwise. Can the Mk II screen be used on the Mk I?