The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

A new 4070 is not that much less than a new O2, so most people probably choose the O2. The 4070 seems to be relatively rare, even among electrostats in general.

I tried out the 4070 and O2mk2 with my "newly developing and powerfully improved" musical tastes and the Master and Commander soundtrack a few days ago. "La musica notturna delle strade di Madrid" was glorious. Really just about as good as actually being in the captain's cabin of the HMS Surprise with Aubrey and the doc. I don't think they would've played as well. ;)

All right, it's time to get out of the boring 19th century and into the 80's and 90's!!!

Coming up next on the playlist:

Kim Wilde - Kids in America

KWS - Please Don't Go (Sunshine Mix)

Nena - 99 Luftballons

Sinead O'Conner - Mandinka

I can't help it, the O2m2 + BHSE makes those songs sound so good!!! :D

What is the current selling price for used 4070s in good condition? Not much to be found online.

Well Elusive Disc's new price is $2025 which is probably MSRP, though Woo Audio's price is only $1700. Take an appropriate percentage off I guess.

All right, it's time to get out of the boring 19th century and into the 80's and 90's!!!

Coming up next on the playlist:

Kim Wilde - Kids in America

KWS - Please Don't Go (Sunshine Mix)

Nena - 99 Luftballons

Sinead O'Conner - Mandinka

I can't help it, the O2m2 + BHSE makes those songs sound so good!!! :D

You know, one of these days I'm going to travel to Asia and when I do I might want to stop by your place and look at your CD collection to see what else you have. :P (Well and I'm also going to want to listen your gear too of course.)

I've been noticing that the best price comes from audiocubes2 never dealt with them though, just recap, price of O2mk2 at elusive/woo/audiocubes2 : 2400/2150/1999. For 4070 elusive/woo/audiocubes2: 2024/1700/1700

I've used audiocubes2 before, didn't have any issues, only complain I hear is that they tend to be more expensive than other places.

$960 is quite a good deal, I might have bid at least $1200. I think maybe too few people have heard a 4070 and it's less discussed than other headphones, so the demand is low.

You know, one of these days I'm going to travel to Asia and when I do I might want to stop by your place and look at your CD collection to see what else you have. :P (Well and I'm also going to want to listen your gear too of course.)

You already know what my gear sounds like. Well, maybe not all the EL34 tube types I've got. :P

As for music collection, I was an old school CD guy, got my first CD player a Portable Walkman in 1984. Over twenty years of CD buying means thousands of CD's. Unfortunately, most of them were concentrated in the early 90's when I developed what has become my horrible musical taste (pop, dance, electronic, chill out mostly) which has stayed with me despite advancing age. Sure, I've got the usual audiophile stuff, jazz, Patricia Barber, etc. but it seems I'm still stuck in the 80/90's. Quite embarrassing and a bit sad. :(

Edited by Elephas

$960 is quite a good deal, I might have bid at least $1200. I think maybe too few people have heard a 4070 and it's less discussed than other headphones, so the demand is low.

You already know what my gear sounds like. Well, maybe not all the EL34 tube types I've got. :P

As for music collection, I was an old school CD guy, got my first CD player a Portable Walkman in 1984. Over twenty years of CD buying means thousands of CD's. Unfortunately, most of them were concentrated in the early 90's when I developed what has become my horrible musical taste (pop, dance, electronic, chill out mostly) which has stayed with me despite advancing age. Sure, I've got the usual audiophile stuff, jazz, Patricia Barber, etc. but it seems I'm still stuck in the 80/90's. Quite embarrassing and a bit sad. :(

Hey if you enjoy it, nothing to be sad about, just sit back, relax, and enjoy