The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

In terms of industrial design the BHSE is miles ahead of the original BH, no doubt there. What I was referring to is the circuit and how it has been altered by swapping in a new CCS.
Oh.

I was referring to the sound, but you're right, the case is pretty hawt, too. (Assuming that's what you meant by "industrial design", which, now that I say that out loud, may not have been the entirety of what you were talking about.)

EL34 for BHSE

For O2mk1 and O2mk2:

Mullard xf1 Blackburn (Somehow xf1 and xf2 sound surprisingly different)

Mullard xf2 Blackburn

Philips metal base, made in Holland (Metal base is cleaner and crisper than xf2, but high cost may be difficult to justify. Cures all O2 treble shortcomings, though.)

For SR-Omega and HE60:

Philips xf3/xf4 dark brown base made in Sittard or Brussels (Seem less expensive than Mullard xf2, works well with O2 as well)

GEC KT77 made in England (Very rare, unfortunately. But very smooth, liquid smooth)

Didn't like: GE 6CA7 Fat Boys (really too bad, I have several nice sleeves), RFT Telefunken 4-crimped plates, many current production types

I finally plugged in the SR-007 and man those new Mullard's are just awful. Not only are they noisy as hell (snap, crackle and pop when I turn off the amp and sing when I turn it on) but I first thought the amp was broken, it was that bad. Swap in some XF2's and this is more like it... :)

can it simultaneously drives 2 headphones at the same time ? considering there's 2 plugs ? if so, would it be enough power to drive say 2 O2's? adequately ?

I asked Justin that question when I bought my BHSE. He said it will have no problem driving 2 sets of headphones. I tried it once and it seemed to work OK.

can someone post the dimension of bhse ? both the amp and psu? Thanks

Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition - Page 16 - Head-Fi.org Community

I asked Justin that question when I bought my BHSE. He said it will have no problem driving 2 sets of headphones. I tried it once and it seemed to work OK.

Is there anything the BHSE can't do? Wait, it can't drive dynamic headphones. :(

It shouldn't be more than 4kYen and Stax should sell you one directly. It will be a SR-404 part though...

I just received it yesterday from Stax. It wasn't a 404 part it looks exactly like my Lambda Nova Signature, ie it says Lambda Nova on the top and not signature like the 404 :D