The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

Re: Kingsound: They certainly LOOK nicer.  And they take 550V bias, so maybe Stax amp compatible?

They were always Stax compatible and intended to be run off Stax Pro bias.  The "manual" even states they should be run at the Pro standard.  Well that and the bias supplies in the amps were ca. 580V. 

Are you talking about the acrylic stand? That's the HPS1 isn't it?

I was talking more about the entire setup rather than the headphone stand.  That is the HPS-1 though.  :)

I also have that exact same version of SR-1 and it sounds bloody good... 

Well, I gotta say, their new headphones don't look as ridiculously ghetto as the once they just released last year.

Yeah, the ones which reached retailers in August last year.  That product cycle even has Cavalli beat... 

SR-3N came in, no sound unless I crank it up to max on the volume dials of my Accuphase power amp thats feeding the supplied SRD-5, swapped it for my SRD-7sb mk2 same results and finally my SRM-1. Opened the housing, dust filter was completely pushed in and full of holes, ripped it off, carefully dissembled driver and the diaphragm inside looks fine. Maybe lost its charge? Outter cups are yellow seems the past idiot owners must've had this sitting under the sun.

No clue on fix but for $80 it seems acceptable to be used as spares.

Anybody have SR-3N drivers for sale?

Wachara are you able re-membrane these for me?

Edited by DefQon

If the diaphragm is intact then there is no reason to swap it out.  Just recoat it and replace the dust cover. 

Very good point. 

Given that the first one was pretty crappy it was expected but I'm not sure these are an improvement.  Same cavernous earpads which were the worst offenders... 

If the diaphragm is intact then there is no reason to swap it out.  Just recoat it and replace the dust cover. 

Given that the first one was pretty crappy it was expected but I'm not sure these are an improvement.  Same cavernous earpads which were the worst offenders... 

Too bad for the previous owners...so long resale value. A horrible Cavalli-like value proposition. 

Hi all,

I have set of Stax SR- Lambda Classic phones with the Dust mesh has disintegrated.

I got most of the bits out but some small pieces have gotten thru the metal mesh.

So I'm in this dilemma, do I try and remove the drivers to get it all out or just leave it.

They sound ok, I have also noticed both metal meshes have sunken somewhat. Are these meshes

supposed to flat as there has been no deliberate pressure applied only been worn normally

as I have owned these from new. The drivers seemed stuck fast so was reluctant to attempt

a removal in case I damaged them. Is the best replacement for the Foam mesh from Stax. I see

just this foam mesh is available on their site. Thought there might be something else that

would do.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards

Les

I'm sure I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome...PM'd.

Yeah was thinking along the same thing and only carefully opened them up given how fucked the dust filter was, luckily the diaphragm looked untouched no holes.

As for King Sound, just saw this

Looks to be of something good in my books given how bad it was but they should've nailed it in the first go before releasing it.

I might have missed something about this, but...

I just got an SR-007 (MK1, thanks Spritzer for being an evangelist for these) and the elastics in the headband aren't quite tight enough. The head band flops around a lot and I feel it makes the seal a tiny bit less perfect. What's the best way to tighten the bugger up?

I am in awe with these though, My SR-407 is... meh in comparison.