The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

Stax at CES http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ces-2014-stax-move

two new prototype portable headphone amp models designed to partner with the SR-002 portable electrostatic headphones. One amp is analog input only, the other provide digital inputs for USB and iOS devices.

New customisable ear tips for the SR-002

prototype transistor electrostatic amp for home use slated to fill a slot above the current $450 SRM-252. The new unit (as yet unnamed) will have unbalanced analog, and USB and iOS digital inputs.

I think for the performance and rarity it should be commanding >2k, but I'm not complaining. 

What I will complain about is the last pair I bought, SN70111. The imbalance between left and right is driving me insane, and I have very little interest in installing dual pots in every one of my future builds. Luckily the 323s has a balance control, which I only discovered recently.

The illiquidity of this unit is pretty much why I didn't pick up the one you posted, Justin. 

Well if he's inside the EU then he's paid 20% VAT (well should have though there are ways...) which would account for some of the difference.  Still it's good to buy from Justin as the stuff doesn't loose any value. :) 

I'll go off and pet my custom BHSE...  ;D