The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

They're more comparable to the Omega 2 (driven by a good amp). The L3000 is much better than the SR-404. They're better than both older Lambdas as well (not sure about the Nova Sig).

Sorry, got a little confused here. Which two are you saying are better than the older Lambdas?

I keep thinking of headphones as "pairs"

And I have no idea why, it's not like I'm an R10 owner :P

Haha, golden comment. Thanks for your opinions guys. I still have a vague hope that my "to-be-delivered-when-hell-freezes-and-pigs-fly" amp from Singlepower will be able to bump the L3000 up to the top tier.

Hey, I can always dream, right? ;D

Hello everyone! This forum feels like some sort of parallel world - all the names are familiar yet something is unsettling and different! ; p

Be careful, many members have dual personalities and are meaner here!

I still have a vague hope that my "to-be-delivered-when-hell-freezes-and-pigs-fly" amp from Singlepower will be able to bump the L3000 up to the top tier

I don't expect to receive my balanced Singlepower amp until June 2008. In the meantime, the L3000 w/APureSound V3 cable is sounding very good, almost as good as the SR-007 (oops, hope this isn't the Stax thread).

Be careful, many members have dual personalities and are meaner here!

I don't expect to receive my balanced Singlepower amp until June 2008. In the meantime, the L3000 w/APureSound V3 cable is sounding very good, almost as good as the SR-007 (oops, hope this isn't the Stax thread).

This is the Stax thread and your in trouble now.... >:D

I just realized something funny. You would expect that in a Grado (or Ultrasone or whatever) thread, there would be Sennheiser hate. But in a Stax stat thread, there is a lack of serious Sennheiser 'stat hate. Or maybe I'm just oblivious to what is going on. :P

This is the Stax thread and your in trouble now.... >:D

Oh, no! Wait! Please... don't tase me bro!

I can give my SR-Omega as an offering...

I don't think it's possible to hate the HE60 and HE90. Also, I don't understand heavy dislike of the SR-007. Saying it is a bit dark, yes, but other than that I can't think of anything bad about it.

From didlwgh or someone else ? ;p

He has sold his and the new owner should have them soon and it is not our baby elephant...

Hehe, it's a secret. Not sure yet if I'll be able to get it.

No way I'm telling you two crazies (Icarium & spritzer).

For the record, I think those two and purk are completely bonkers. Makes me feel normal.

I hope you do get a set. It's a shame the replacement parts look nothing like the stock ones....

Me... bonkers.....? Say it ain't so!!!

I just realized something funny. You would expect that in a Grado (or Ultrasone or whatever) thread, there would be Sennheiser hate. But in a Stax stat thread, there is a lack of serious Sennheiser 'stat hate. Or maybe I'm just oblivious to what is going on. :P

That's probably because the Sennheiser 'stats are genuinely good. There will always be preference involved but as Spritzer says, it seems impossible to hate the HE90 or HE60. Certainly in my experience with the HE60 they're very pleasant and fun to listen to and are currently one of the two headphones I'd most like to own. I haven't yet liked any Sennheiser dynamics I've heard, those I have truly sound bad to me so I guess I can understand some of the issue there. I haven't heard the HD600 or HD650 though and I have an open mind to their charms. After all, I know Sennheiser can make great headphones given their 'stats. ;D

so, in other words, you haven't really listened to dynamic Sennheisers.

Yes, pretty much. I tend not to comment on Sennheiser dynamics purely because I know I haven't heard their best. I don't doubt for a moment they're a big step up. My problem has always been that I've had friends who say things like "If you want good headphones just get some Sennheisers" or "Anyone with taste knows Sennheisers are the best". They then proceed to force their HD201s or HD555s, etc on me and are not impressed when I try to tactfully say they sound like the sonic equivalent of dog turds. Seems to me cheap Sennheisers in New Zealand are like Bose in the US. I know Carl has experienced much the same since we tend to have friends in the same circles. I couldn't possibly dislike Sennheiser though after hearing the HE60s.