The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

That "T2" amp has either a choke or a transformer on the output. Think WES in quality...

I have better things to waste money on. :)

It probably a fit issue that's the core reason behind the change in sound signature.

The first units have a solid resin ring below the earpads so the cable entry is obscured.

sorry I was just being a shithead about the sound signature, there's no change. the black cable looks nice though, might have to grab a black leather headband next since this one is starting to crack.

the other mk1 I have (70761) has the separate resin piece that's fixed to the cable housing with 2 screws. also comes in the carbon fiber box. just thought I'd mention it since it might complicate the identification of mk1s units.

Never seen one and SZ1 was almost always used on the export models and the BL was just that, an export unit. 

Has anyone else here dealt with Accutech for a repair? How was the experience?

My 009s arrived there on Friday the 7th and I still haven't heard anything from them yet.

I've seen their amplifier repairs, Mikhail did a better job. 

Spritzer - do you have a copy of the schematics to a Stax SRM-Xh?

I have an SRM-3 sitting here with blown and non-original resistors in the output stage, what look's to be substituted C4630's (my Xh has C4631's rated to handle up to 2amps) and missing/substituted A1156's instead of A1901's like in my Xh. 

EDIT: Btw here's that mention of the tricked SRD-6 with dual triodes from YJ a moon ago. Listing is dead though thanks to n3rdling's finding:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/223263/the-stax-thread-new/24195#post_9668116

Edited by DefQon

FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what I'm going to do.

EDIT: Any advice would be appreciated!

Hello Adam,

Deeply apologize for our late response.

The high pitch noise out of Left channel is a bad diaphragm and will need replacing. Please find below the service estimate.

Sound panel (pair)    $2000 (lead-time 2~4 wks)

Earpad    $200

Headpad    $150

Tax    $211.50

Labor    $150

S/H    $49.45 (@ $3000 ins)

Estimate Total    $2760.95

If you do not wish to repair the unit, diagnosis/shipping fee of $99.45 will be due.

Alternatively, if you are interested in a trade-in, $3250 for new 009.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed and if you have any questions, please contact us again.

Best,

Tats Yamanashi

YEI / ACCUTECH

Edited by TMoney

I think I'm basically down to two options.

1) Try and bargain them on the trade in to see if they can match or preferably beat the PJ price.

2) Cut my losses and consider selling my Stax setup. If I take this route you are welcome to try your luck at fixing them, Spritzer.

I'll have to sleep on it. I'm about to take delivery of my new car (after two months of waiting) and I was planning on putting all my available savings in to that so I'd have to finance as little as possible.

Edited by TMoney

I think I'm basically down to two options.

1) Try and bargain them on the trade in to see if they can match or preferably beat the PJ price.

2) Cut my losses and consider selling my Stax setup. If I take this route you are welcome to try your luck at fixing them, Spritzer.

I'll have to sleep on it. I'm about to take delivery of my new car (after two months of waiting) and I was planning on putting all my available savings in to that so I'd have to finance as little as possible.

Well that's crappy. I'd immediately order a new pair on Price Japan and work out a deal with Spritzer that will make you both happy. I'd also consider telling ACCUTECH that PJ will be meeting my purchasing needs from now on (well probably not, but still I'd be pissed) -- after you get your old pair back for $100. Personally I wouldn't bother haggling with them, though perhaps it could bear fruit. Hope you find satisfaction soon; it's been a long time coming for you.

Edited by mulveling