The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

yeah I'm going to take the extra precaution to double-box, and I lined it with foam that I've been collecting from purchasing all these these aluminum chassis. Thanks for the tips, I think this is the first time I've shipped out my own diy work.

Now I'm left ampless at the office, need to finish casing the Megatron. Edcor really takes their sweet time with their transformers.

Congrats on your sale.  The new owner will be happy for a long time. Double-box is a must and don't forget to insure against shipping damage.  You should also take couple of pictures demonstrating how well the amp is packed too.

Edited by purk

Followed that  link ^, and saw this wackiness:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141002.5.aHW0Yd&scm=1007.10009.3949.i44429805848&id=43702703536&pvid=798d9bcf-a1ba-43eb-bc60-b809f56636b4

A water cooled T2 chassis for $130 shipped - the digital rendition looks very promising, I am sure it would work flawlessly...

seems like in the world of Lambdas, the only recommended ones are the LNS (discontinued), the SR Lambda nb (discontinued), the 404LE (discontinued), or one of the entry level pro cans (20#).  Don't see a lot of love for the higher end lambdas.  I also thought the signature was a bit better thought of, but comments on the etch seem to point elsewhere.

• Like 1

I didn't have any "etched" Stax until now : SR-5, SR-5/NB, SR-X/mk3, Sigma Pro, Gamma Pro,  SR-007 mk1, Lambda NB and SR-009. The two latter the "brighter", but still very smooth with beautiful midrange. FR response of Lambda Signature sounds very different to me, with something glaring in the high mids my other cans don't have. It's no that unpleasant, but it sounds a bit artificial.

I'm waiting for my BHSE to make a definitive statement on my several phones...Spritzer did say one time the glaring side of Lambda Sig does largely benefit from power / authority of some BH amp.

Ali

Edited by Ali-Pacha

Followed that link ^, and saw this wackiness:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141002.5.aHW0Yd&scm=1007.10009.3949.i44429805848&id=43702703536&pvid=798d9bcf-a1ba-43eb-bc60-b809f56636b4

A water cooled T2 chassis for $130 shipped - the digital rendition looks very promising, I am sure it would work flawlessly...

The ad is for a "KG T2 chassis kit" that includes the chassis, internal accessories and the water cooling mechanism (including the water pump and it's own power supply). The ad says the water cooling mechanism is "highly reliable". I think the $15000 price is in Chinese Yuan which is roughly $2500 USD based on 6.22 exchange rate. The kit is made to order.

It takes a mighty brave soul to try this thing out.

Edit: It says discount is offered for large quantity order. Should we start a GB?

Edited by mwl168