The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

While I haven't ordered an SR-007 from PJ, I did order my NIB SR-009 2 years ago from PJ EMS'd to Australia pretty swiftly. Both FedEx and EMS are quick express services for shipping but I generally use EMS more as it is bit cheaper and sometimes faster (4 days max) expressed to anywhere in the world.

You might have to pay customs fees due to being part of Europe, VAT and whatnot external costs to get the 007 past customs.

Thanks! I do not get many answers lately maybe I question badly. I do not get answers from PriceJapan too after a day as they say on their site they do not speak english perhaps they can not write either. I was interested in the process for example how and when these postal services collect (or not collect, PriceJapan tells EMS does not ,I have to contact with customs) the VAT and duty in Europe, ... etc. That is good they are quick and you had got your headphones In Australia :)  I got a few hundred dollars worth something from Vietnam by FedEx they brought to my door and I did not have to pay anything plus.

Edited by judo

I have ordered two pair of headphones from a similar outfit, fromjapan, using EMS to the U.S.A. and my experience was the same as chiguy's.  Fast delivery with no customs duties (one pair were the 007A's).  Also, the packages showed up in much better shape coming all the way from Japan than headphones ordered within the U.S.A. showed up using UPS or USPS.  My recommendatin is use EMS, but I'm no expert on Europe.  Only lived there a few months.

HS

2 hours ago, judo said:

Thanks! I do not get many answers lately maybe I question badly. I do not get answers from PriceJapan too after a day as they say on their site they do not speak english perhaps they can not write either. I was interested in the process for example how and when these postal services collect (or not collect, PriceJapan tells EMS does not ,I have to contact with customs) the VAT and duty in Europe, ... etc. That is good they are quick and you had got your headphones In Australia :)  I got a few hundred dollars worth something from Vietnam by FedEx they brought to my door and I did not have to pay anything plus.

Sad to say but in my experience it is dependent on the Country of the recipient and the carrier and how the package is marked on the customs form.  Shipping into the USA from International, usually EMS is more expensive.  I've heard this is because the broker/customs fee is built-in to the price.  Figure out how PJ or the originating store will ship to you first (and if it will be marked as commercial goods) and then you can probably just call that carrier's customer service for more details.

Edited by Mr.Sneis

Shipping of a new pair of Stax 007A's in the original packaging, including the aluminum carrying case and I also paid for extra protection (a second cardboard box to surround the Stax cardboard box), amounted to US$55 from Japan to Texas.  Zero duties.

Best of luck on your purchase.  If you avoid the channel imbalance bug that has affected a few of us, you'll be happy as a clam.

HS

I hope so :) Thanks.

5 minutes ago, purk said:

Another vote for using EMS service from Japan.  They are cheaper and just as fast compared to UPS & FedEX international.  I never have to pay import tax on items shipping from Japan.  

Are you from EU - here EMS cheaper ?

I'm in Europe and have ordered goods from Japan several times. I've always used EMS, they're cheaper than Fedex and the like and they don't charge their own fees for clearing customs, but I've always had to pay duties, fees, fleet, VAT and other charges. In this country (Spain) the overall expense to import something from outside the EU is about 30% of the declared value (including shipping cost). So declared value, and what you can produce as a payment receipt, or invoice, are the key items to estimate your customs cost.

Then EMS has won. My costs will be higher then we are the VAT recorder in EU.:( How did you pay?  To EMS or to the custom office and when did you get the invoice about it ? One serious question remained how can I buy from somebody who does not contact with me. We will see. Thanks for the info.

PJ was on a buseness trip why I did not get an answer. Ordered the phones.

Edited by judo
info

Here it's the customs office through the mail service (which carries the delivery service once the parcel is in the country) who handles the taxes expenses. They usually confirm they have a parcel for you and ask for a payment receipt or an invoice, then they add the shipping cost and calculate the taxes and fees. Once you agree and wire payment, they delivery the goods. There are few cases, when the parcel is not very expensive or large, that they calculate the taxes so you pay them to the deliverer.

I guess that each country would have its own procedures, it's possible that at some places it's EMS who acts as agent handling the import papers directly, then charging them to you, as Fedex or UPS would do. You're very likely to get better information if you contact your local EMS representatives.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2015. 12. 11. at 2:46 AM, judo said:

Then EMS has won. My costs will be higher then we are the VAT recorder in EU.:( How did you pay?  To EMS or to the custom office and when did you get the invoice about it ? One serious question remained how can I buy from somebody who does not contact with me. We will see. Thanks for the info.

PJ was on a buseness trip why I did not get an answer. Ordered the phones.

Got the phones in the minutes from PJ, I am not too happy because I wanted to buy the newest variation. Them got an SZ2 serial how can I decide it is a real SZ2 or not ?

Edited by judo