The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

I've been watching all seasons of Discovery channels Vikings. While nobody can argue that Ragnar Lothbrok isn't one tough son of a gun, he and others are not without their weaknesses. I'm compiling these weaknesses, and when I'm ready, my well trained army and I will invade with a shock and awe campaign, the likes of which your Viking tribes have never seen before.

san-francisco-lgbt-pride-2015-8-parade-airbnb.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/26/2016 at 5:20 AM, Arthrimus said:

Also anybody see that SR-007 and SRM-717 combo that's on ebay for $1899? Looks kinda suspect since the seller won't accept paypal, but if anybody is in the UK and can check them out in person before buying it looks like a hell of a deal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAX-SR007-Omega-earspeakers-Stax-SRM-717-Energiser-FREE-SHIPPING-/322167258002?hash=item4b02aa3b92:g:NHYAAOSwMNxXZn7G

It's no wonder he's not accepting paypal, and it's indeed very much relating to being scammed-  This is the same scumbag who ripped me off 5 years ago thru Audiogon. The same set, I can confirm by the SN# on the SRE-750 box from a pic he sent me then:

stax_boxes_2.jpg

stax_boxes.jpg

I sent him a partial payment by wire transfer and he vanished, Even talked to him on the phone to convince myself to do it...

Incidentally, I'm heading to the UK soon. I think about filling a claim to local police. I notice the last listing is already closed, I really hope no one got duped again. But if someone can help me by contacting him for feign interest and try toget his bank wire transfer details so i can confirm, i'd very much appreciate it.

32 minutes ago, Amar said:

It's no wonder he's not accepting paypal, and it's indeed very much relating to being scammed-  This is the same scumbag who ripped me off 5 years ago thru Audiogon. The same set, I can confirm by the SN# on the SRE-750 box from a pic he sent me then:

stax_boxes_2.jpg

stax_boxes.jpg

I sent him a partial payment by wire transfer and he vanished, Even talked to him on the phone to convince myself to do it...

Incidentally, I'm heading to the UK soon. I think about filling a claim to local police. I notice the last listing is already closed, I really hope no one got duped again. But if someone can help me by contacting him for feign interest and try toget his bank wire transfer details so i can confirm, i'd very much appreciate it.

He's been doing this for a good while.  He is a POS.  Sounds like a good human being on the phone, but anyone that wires this prick monies will be screwed and screwed proper.

HS

Oh crap, he just scammed a friend of mine. He sent bank wire payment yesterday, maybe he can stop it yet. They spoke over the phone, and the guy sent to my friend pics, even a video of the set, from his passport and a bank receipt to see that the names, addresses and account number for the payment all matched :palm:

Here is info from a US Audio Mart the weasle had some time back.  He also shows up on ebay based out of Alaska or the like.  

HS

Very rare oppotunity to purchase a factory fresh, time capsuled

Stax Omega 007 Mark One Complete Setup
Setup includes

STAX OMEGA 007 MK1 EARSPEAKERS, IN ORIGINAL METAL SHIPPING CASE , serial number 71***

Note on the serial number and its importance ! 71xxx serial number, have simplified driver frame for easier assembly, new materials on all "soft" parts...also considered to be the VERY BEST version you can buy because the 71*** serial numbered models were extremely well manufactured, extremely reliable, and considerably better than both the earlier and later Mk1 models

STAX 717 ENERGISER ( SOLID STATE MODEL ) FINSHED IN VERY RARE BLACK , STAX DIDNT MANUFACTURE MANY BLACK FACED MODELS, AND SO THEY ARE QUITE RARE

ORIGINAL SOLID OAK STAX EARSPEAKER STAND , BOXED

ORIGINAL STAX EARSPAKER EXTENSION CABLE. BOXED

RETAIL PRICE WAS $6300 WHEN PURCHASED 8 YEARS AGO

All of the above were purchased brand new by myself around 8 years ago. It was unboxed, tested, then boxed away and simply never used again. Im not really a headphone person, and prefer listening to speakers. So i never used this rig. I reopened the packaging a couple days ago and everything is still factory fresh, mint and unmarked. Its like BRAND NEW ! See pics ! Very high value item,must be shipped insured and fully tracked. No P/Pal. Ifyou require more pics just email me and include your email address so i can reply.......

All the boxes, manuals and paperwork are still present. All factory fresh.

This is a very rare chance to pick up what is considered the finest Stax earspeakers ever manufactured, the Mark One 007s - unused !

ADVERTISED ELSWHERE, SO BE QUICK IF YOU ARE INTERESTED

PLEASE EMAIL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THIS WONDERFUL HEADPHONE SETUP...EVERYTHING YOU NEED, READY TO GO...UNUSED, AND STILL NEEDS RUNNING IN !

SHIPPING IS NOT FREE - SHIPPING VIA UPS WILL COST THE FOLLOWING

USA - $175

EUROPE - $125

TEL +44 7522032716 If interested

ADVERTISED ELSEWHERE

Yeah he has a nice, clean English accent.

Torpedo, Please check if this wire info matches with your friend's:

Name :ROBERT MOREWOOD

Bank name / address

NATIONWIDE
36a WOOD STREET
STRATFORD UPON AVON
WARWICKSHIRE
CV37 6JG
ENGLAND

IBAN CODE - GB07 0701 1632 4271 11

• Like 2

My friend hasn't been able to stop or reverse the transfer, unfortunately Amar's warning was like a couple of days late :(. Nando (my friend) says the guy sounds British, polite and charming, the perfect set for a pro scammer. As soon as I receive all the data he's grabbed from him, not only pics, also a video where his audio system can be seen, I'll be posting it here.

It's going to be reported to the Spanish Police, but they say that for an offense under 3000UKP the British Police will do nothing. Looks like UK has been off the international police affairs as away as has been from the Euro and other european matters. He's looking at UK Police websites to see if there's any chance to involve them into this, and also contacting Ebay, truth is that he tried to close the deal using their check out system, but the scammer's configuration didn't allow it and he trusted to deal directly with him. Maybe he won't get his money back, but it's possible we can stop this weasel to scam more people.

2 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

I know the rest of us are not saying much, but I believe we are all watching how this unfolds.  TAKE THE FUCKER DOWN!

Let us know if there is anything we can do besides show moral support.

We can set up a meeting in the UK then paying a visit to this guy :indra:

• Like 1

Here's the message the scammer sent to Nando (Fernando)

Hi fernando

I am the original owner. I've bought them brand-new from simply Stax.  They are a genuine UK import brought into the UK by the authorised importer, symmetry audio.
And they genuinely have around 20 hours or less use on them. I've purchased them as an impulse buy and I have never used them because I much prefer to listen to music through my Wilson speakers.   I think it is obvious by looking at the year pads that they don't even have any creases in them or anywhere on them. They are like brand-new.

I have attached a video to this email so hopefully you can see that.

I don't mind you buying through EBay, but because of fraud I am not prepared to accept PayPal

Although if you want to have a small discount and also save me the eBay fees then it's okay for me to deal direct.  I would prefer to be paid in US dollars because the British pound is worthless now.
If you do you want to do I directed you can have them for $1750 including shipping.  That will save you a reasonable amount of money and also save me eBay fees

Sincerely
Rob

Below I'm attaching the video he made to prove the headphones/amp are working. His voice can be heard. Oops, the .mov format is not allowed. I'll leave a link to Google Drive. First time I'm using it https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3XeBPb_UFU0WFJESGZ0YUR4ZDN5Q2FnM1ZJMkxhQkJ5MkNB

As soon as Nando sends me pics from a gas service receipt he sent to prove his name and address and other pics, I'll be sharing them here.

Wow, I have to admit I would likely have fallen for this. This is so much more subtle than the nigerian deals ;-).

It's great to this posted here, probably worth a sticky thread though. Also, hoping the fellow who had his bank account and personal address posted here is really a scammer...

arnaud

This is the gas Bill

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3XeBPb_UFU0Q1JhUXUzZUlCWjJhZE9YejlIcEtmdG51Y2Q0

His Passport

uiFy0HQ.jpg

The data he provided to confirm his banking info, address, and his and his wife's identities

So, the info required is as follows :

Account name - Vingel Patanao 
Iban - GB67 BARC 2025 3680 5711 72
Swift/BIC. -  BARCGB22

The banks address is

Barclays Bank
45/49 beveridge way
Newton aycliffe
Co. Durham 
DL5 
England 
U.K. 

My wife and I home address 

Cotswold view
Four pools
Worcestershire
England 
United Kingdom 

Just to clarify, there is no house number, just a name.  The house is called Cotswold view.

Even his phone number: 

0044 7514322529

They had a chat over the phone, the guy was extremely kind and convincing. He must be an artist and has probably stolen a few identities, none of the ones we've shared matches. I wonder if these are members of the same clan stealing audio gear at some show in the US a couple of years ago.

Edited by Torpedo
Bad formatting
  • Like 2

Yeah this guy's is a gifted swindler it appears... He changed his every detail since 2011 when i and another fellow were stung by his Audiogon ad. But i recognize his voice from the recording, no confusing him. Back then, I did veify with the store he gave me that a Robert Morewood was a client of theirs and they confirmed he bought Stax gear from them.

3 hours ago, Torpedo said:

My friend hasn't been able to stop or reverse the transfer, unfortunately Amar's warning was like a couple of days late :(. Nando (my friend) says the guy sounds British, polite and charming, the perfect set for a pro scammer. As soon as I receive all the data he's grabbed from him, not only pics, also a video where his audio system can be seen, I'll be posting it here.

It's going to be reported to the Spanish Police, but they say that for an offense under 3000UKP the British Police will do nothing. Looks like UK has been off the international police affairs as away as has been from the Euro and other european matters. He's looking at UK Police websites to see if there's any chance to involve them into this, and also contacting Ebay, truth is that he tried to close the deal using their check out system, but the scammer's configuration didn't allow it and he trusted to deal directly with him. Maybe he won't get his money back, but it's possible we can stop this weasel to scam more people.

We can set up a meeting in the UK then paying a visit to this guy :indra:

I'm sorry for your friend's loss. Maybe if we could combine our cases it would be substantial enough for the the UK police to proceed. I also messaged the other fellow who posted his case back in 2011: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/robert-morewood-c438695.html

I hope he gets an email alert.

I'm in for a the surprise-party notion btw, I'll be there in August-September. It'd be sweet to trackdown this slime.

My friend has spotted this Stax set at an audio shop in UK http://www.guildfordaudio.co.uk/store/itemdetails.php?category=Turntables&section=Categories&cattitle=Used Items&page=used&recordid=2731 The kit is suspiciously similar to the one in the scam, and the picture from this ad has a date (in the EXIF) from 2016:06:07. Do you think it's possible there's a connection between the shop and the scammer?

Amar, if you think it's possible to report this all together to the British authorities, please get in touch. EBay started an incidence but can do nothing for being the deal closed outside their system.

Here's a pic where the serial number can be clearly seen. Maybe one of the UK guys can phone to that shop and learn about the kit for sale there.

ka1rHLB.jpg