The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

8 minutes ago, Dusty Chalk said:

I think that's all relative.  My tolerance for cruft has seriously deteriorated.

I mean, besides, isn't it all about the signal to noise ratio?

It is a little masochistic. Sometimes I get the feeling that persisting with the HF forums is like stuffing your scrotal sac into a bacon slicer, but maybe I am a slow learner.

33 minutes ago, mypasswordis said:

What sound do donkey balls make?

If two donkey balls rub together in the forest...

when the issue of the juice can caps (laser power supply caps) being wired together, clearly unsafe by the product data sheet, jude took mikhails answer over the product data sheet and deleted all posts...  But ray was jude's personal friend so he got special treatment.  wonder what jude thinks of rays new barely legal new Asian import wife.

6 minutes ago, kevin gilmore said:

when the issue of the juice can caps (laser power supply caps) being wired together, clearly unsafe by the product data sheet, jude took mikhails answer over the product data sheet and deleted all posts...  But ray was jude's personal friend so he got special treatment.  wonder what jude thinks of rays new barely legal new Asian import wife.

I see.  I didn't realize that had happened.

I didn't know he divorced his wife.  That's more fun than any headphone related topic!  Of course that Cavalli is now Headfi new darling.  

Edited by purk

she divorced him. and for really good reasons too. ray is very abusive  (no one saw that coming)

i'm sure others can point to ray's wedding photo, was on his facebook account... She did not look happy, but hey ray has lots of money.

and a couple of expensive and now horribly out of date cars.

Edited by kevin gilmore
  • Like 1

Quick update for those interested in PriceJapan.com - site is no longer displaying any content. This at least means that no more folks can be purchasing goods that never materialize, so perhaps that is a good thing.

EDIT - just launched a dispute with PayPal - then noticed the 6 month time limit. I placed my order on 24th April, and had until 24th October to launch a dispute. Good thing I didn't wait any longer. For anyone else left hanging by PriceJapan.com, I suggest raising a dispute with PayPal or your whatever facility you used for payment asap. Doesn't look like these guys are coming back anytime soon.

Edited by DonkeyBalls
more info
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Hopstretch said:

I also emailed him. Told him the dude from Florida is a well-known scammer who preys on Stax dealers. :)

It all started when I got the BHSE/O2 and realized how great it is.  I mean, you can't blame me.  You must be a hop, skip and jump from the guy, get in your car and check them out. :)

That website is full of scams, last year they had a Nagra HD DAC, with optional PSU, optional platforms and Nagra CD player, all for 5000€.

Dragging one of the images to google showed that the same images were in Audiogon (which, of course, was the real ad).

From the main page of the website:

ATTENTION!

If the asking price of the product seems too good to be true, then it usually is! Aways be aware of Fraud / Scam Ads!!

Help us to keep this platform free of fraudulent ads. Please report Abuse to us or write a Review!

Before proceeding to buy via this platform please read our rules about buying safely!

Edited by stax fart

I think I am about to be banned form the Utopia thread after posting this:

From gullible HeadFi fuckhead regarding cable burn in (a bullshit concept in a world full of audio bullshit):

...I am told it needs at least 100 hours of burn-in.

My Reply:

For the love of Christ, why? What can possibly change in the properties of the cable from 100 hours of use, or 100,000 hours of use?

Has anyone, anywhere, ever, been able to blind A/B test and separate a burned in cable from a fresh cable?

Sorry to get mildly belligerent, but the cable silliness needs to be challenged at some point.

So, will this get banned form the thread, or from all of HeadFi? I wonder. I will wear a total HF ban as a badge of honor. Kind of like growing up and moving from small boy pants to adult trousers like a grown up.

I call fucking BOLLIX on cable sonic differences in general and cable burn in specifically.

• Like 1