The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

Press release:

A modern classic, Sennheiser’s Stax's reference class headphones deliver sound that is as natural as possible and true in every detail. Improving on a seemingly perfect formula is not a task undertaken lightly, but Sennheiser’s Stax's engineers have succeeded in enhancing still further the sound reproduction in the open, circumaural SR009S.

Btw, it was actually listed here for a short time.

Translate from twitter "On Saturday, April 14th and Sunday 15th this weekend, we will hold a trial at Yodobashi Camera Multimedia Nagoya Matsuzakaya store.
We are preparing novelties for people who have been listened to, so please come and visit Yodobashi Camera Multimedia Nagoya Matsuzakaya store!"

Maybe it is just the SRM-D10, or maybe it is this one, who knows.

Edited by padam

I'ts gotta have it's own dedicated amp with the chassis carved out of circa 100 year old zelkova wood.

The pads must be made of memory foam coved in unicorn leather from the underbelly.

The tubes in the amp must be NOS found in a lost WW11 bunker that's been just been discovered.

The cables must be pure 999999999999 silver coated in sintered allotropic gold.

The diaphragms must be made of graphene sheet 15 atoms thick and blasted with antrineutrinos to raise their intrinsic resistance profile.

and, lastly, it must come with a numbered certificate that has kg's endorsement on he bottom.

All this must have a RRP of at least US$250,000 to ensure exclusivity.

More modest specced model must be released at least, 2 years but more than 5 years later at the bargain price of US$65,000 (inflation nowithstanding).

I could go with that.............:P

Donations to the " wink unobtanium headphone museum and emporeum" to ensure I have the necessary funds to acquire a specimen will be immensely and deeply appreciated.:wub:

1 minute ago, wink said:

I'ts gotta have it's own dedicated amp with the chassis carved out of circa 100 year old zelkova wood.

The pads must be made of memory foam coved in unicorn leather from the underbelly.

The tubes in the amp must be NOS found in a lost WW11 bunker that's been just been discovered.

The cables must be pure 999999999999 silver coated in sintered allotropic gold.

The diaphragms must be made of graphene sheet 15 atoms thick and blasted with antrineutrinos to raise their intrinsic resistance profile.

and, lastly, it must come with a numbered certificate that has kg's endorsement on the bottom.

All this must have a RRP of at least US$250,000 to ensure exclusivity.

More modest specced model must be released at least, 2 years but more than 5 years later at the bargain price of US$65,000 (inflation nowithstanding).

I could go with that.............:P

Donations to the " wink unobtanium headphone museum and emporeum" to ensure I have the necessary funds to acquire a specimen will be immensely and deeply appreciated.:wub:

I have a 007mk1 with kgsshv ~5mA output. I keep hearing distortion at high volume levels, mostly noticeably in the bass of modern music, but I can hear partial tearing in all sorts of genres.

Is this a limitation of electrostatic headphones? I also have heard it on the HE-1, with my LNS, on my 007tA, and on several different DACs.

Is there a Stax setup out there that you can listen to at deafening volumes and have virtually no distortion with all genres of music? Or am I expecting too much? I really love the signature of my 007mk1 but I always feel like I'm listening to it on the verge of distortion (usually anywhere past 1pm on my kgsshv with balanced DAC).