The Headcase Stax thread

thrice

Sound element with new fixed electrodes

If the fixed electrode becomes infinitely thinner, the air resistance will be decreased and the permeability of sound waves will be improved. On the other hand, thinner electrodes are poor in rigidity and suffer from vibrations of their own and the sound becomes muddy. The SR-009S evolved further the electrode established in the SR-009 as the integration of present technology. The edges of electrode hole were smoothened through after-etching processing to reduce air resistance, and the permeability of sound has been much more improved. Moreover, gold plating processing with large specific gravity further decreased the electrode vibration. Finally, the sound clarity has been achieved by reducing the resistance of electrode itself.

Chassis

Tough solid aluminum chassis employed secures firmly the sound element, contributing to improve the clearness of sound. Furthermore, the case thickness has been reduced to the limit, making the flow of condensation- and-rarefaction air wave from the sound element more smooth.

Resolution

Intensity has been increased by giving roundness to the “guard mesh” of sound element, which lowered the influence of reflection and improved the resolution of sound.

Edited by padam

5 hours ago, padam said:

Sound element with new fixed electrodes

If the fixed electrode becomes infinitely thinner, the air resistance will be decreased and the permeability of sound waves will be improved. On the other hand, thinner electrodes are poor in rigidity and suffer from vibrations of their own and the sound becomes muddy. The SR-009S evolved further the electrode established in the SR-009 as the integration of present technology. The edges of electrode hole were smoothened through after-etching processing to reduce air resistance, and the permeability of sound has been much more improved. Moreover, gold plating processing with large specific gravity further decreased the electrode vibration. Finally, the sound clarity has been achieved by reducing the resistance of electrode itself.

Chassis

Tough solid aluminum chassis employed secures firmly the sound element, contributing to improve the clearness of sound. Furthermore, the case thickness has been reduced to the limit, making the flow of condensation- and-rarefaction air wave from the sound element more smooth.

Resolution

Intensity has been increased by giving roundness to the “guard mesh” of sound element, which lowered the influence of reflection and improved the resolution of sound.

So, an improved SR-009 with SR-L300 LE derived MLER and Audeze Fazor tech? :huh:

Edited by Laowei

1 hour ago, powertoold said:

I'm thankful that Stax was able to engineer the perfect headphone sound for me. I'd like to support them by buying the 009S, but I'm basically 100% satisfied with my 007mk1, and they're now owned by Edifier anyway :ph34r:

Well, my nightmare didn’t come “because it sound good”.  Thanks Stax. The pricing stays “sane”

1 hour ago, Laowei said:

Well, STAX is owned by Edifer now, so worldwide IP can be “borrowed” (at least for marketing). ;)

Lol! I hope Edifier keeps Stax the way it is.  I really want to jump on the 009S band wagon ASAP.  But that latest T8000 release kinda worry me though.  Not to mention I love 009 in my system ways too much.

I do to. They shine with the Megatron. I may eventually buy the 009S but would love to hear them first.

I am going to Japan in June, hopefully they will be available for audition somewhere.

Edited by eggil

My 007mk1 has the most "meaty" sound of all the stats I've tried, on par with the HE-1. I hope the new 009S is similar. The only thing keeping my 007 from "perfection" to me is the excursion distortion.

I've had the 007a (made in ~2015 I believe), and the bass was nothing compared to my 007mk1 in terms of headphone rumbling character. It also had too much sibilance.