HDTV Suggestions

tkam

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/VIERA-Televisions/VIERA-Plasma-HDTVs.list.170044_11002_7000000000000005702

panasonic has the 55" gt30 on their site today for $1319.88 shipped...i know that's quite a bit more, but the price is worth mentioning & likely won't last...

Wow! The prices at Panny are very good right now. Thanks!

Yeah, women avoided me like the plague. :)

:)

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I was afraid you'd say that. Any good CHEAP Pre/Pros out there that can do 3D?
There are, but I'm not sufficiently familiar with the market to make a recommendation. The last time I looked, several manufacturers had pre/pros in and out. Yamaha, Onkyo, Denon, Marantz, all had one, but I don't know about anything <US$500. The two big contenders for me were Emotiva UMC-1 and the Outlaw.

The main problem with the NAD is that you'll want to add a sub eventually, but there are products specifically for that sort of thing (ICBM-1, etc.).

The TV has its own shitty speakers. I'd rather not spend too much more money, if any. So I'm wondering if moving all the stereo shit across the room and using it as a 2.0 system for the TV also could work. Surround sound down the line but that's a long way down the line. Most I could hope for now is a sound bar.