HDTV Suggestions

tkam

1 hour ago, swt61 said:

Have you considered upgrading your eyeballs?

Yes, but need to take care of my allergies and my other health issues (sleep apnea, etc.) first, just in case they change things, I don't want to have to upgrade them twice, and I'm not even sure they will.

Also, I've decided I don't really care as much.  I still get that "ooh and ahh" feeling from "big" movies like Ghost in the Shell: Innocence, and Gravity, as much as little ones like Under the Skin, Ex Machina, and Thirst, even at 720p, so I've decided I just don't really care that much.

Which sucks, because I have a 4K TV that I've never used.

• 3 months later...

OLED. Top of the line. Well, the B6 and C6 are almost top of the line, where the E6 is top of the line (that's what Jeff bought.)

https://www.cnet.com/topics/tvs/best-tvs/

Another take, which has the E6 as the upgrade pick: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-tv/

B6 is flat, and C6 is curved with 3D. We can usually find a deal for you when you're ready to buy, but IIRC, you're more of an "Amazon or local" kinda gal, so 

Best Buy or Amazon (But if you go through Amazon, make sure to find the HC link so Tkam gets some $$$.)

There are other good options, but OLED is the best. Relative to cars, E6 would be M2, B6 would be M235i. Both fantastic, both more than what most people need, both HC approved, but one is 30% more. 

**BRENT**

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shellylh said:

LG, really?  I have always thought of them as a cheaply made product.  In the past I've always bought Samsung or Panasonic (of course the last one I bought was in 2009 I think)?  Is LG better now? 

LG aren't any worse or better than Samsung or Panasonic.  I don't really get where you thought they were more cheaply made.

I have a soft spot for Sony and Sharp, but that's a couple years old (is Sharp even still in business?), but can't recommend them in the face of the OLED onslaught...definitely get an OLED...

8 hours ago, shellylh said:

LG, really?  I have always thought of them as a cheaply made product.  In the past I've always bought Samsung or Panasonic (of course the last one I bought was in 2009 I think)?  Is LG better now? 

Like Brent and Dusty say, the LG OLED stuff is very, very good. If I were buying a new TV, it's what I would get.  I wouldn't get a curved one, though.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1

The B6 is a solid buy. Same panel as the E6, main difference is the aesthetic, glass edges, and the Harman kardon Soundbar that comes attached on the E6.

The b6 also doesn't have 3D but that seems to be dead anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, swt61 said:

^ That's the usual response when I wear my assless chaps.

I actually like to wear the occasional flamboyant thing to offset my swarthiness.  EDIT:  NO!  I did not mean assless chaps, I meant something like the watch...I'm pretty sure if I wore assless chaps, I would be more reviled than our current Oompa-Loompa.

• Like 1