HDTV Suggestions

tkam

Christ I want that 65" LG OLED but it's a good grand more than I want to spend right now.

Dew
Right there with you buddy.

Eet
Same. While I love my 55" gt50 I always think back, "damn, should have got the 65""
and upgraded to the vt50 [emoji4]

Nao!

Or wait til next year when it's the price you want... But is that really the HC way?

**BRENT**
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, MexicanDragon said:

Though I did talk my new boss into a 65" Samsung KS8000, with the idea that it is cheap enough to use for a while until he gets his next place, and we can look at 75"+ OLED, and used the KS8000 in a secondary room.

That's basically the top contender for me and it's really difficult to double-down to get the LG considering that the Sammy would probably be a huge upgrade over the current set.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, n_maher said:

That's basically the top contender for me and it's really difficult to double-down to get the LG considering that the Sammy would probably be a huge upgrade over the current set.  

IMG_3768-1.jpg

I tried to get him to go larger, but this is an upgrade from his 50" plasma in the space, which REALLY needed a 75"+.

**BRENT**

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Got Julie an LG B6. Saw the samsung ks8000 at best buy next to the b6 and it seemed super harsh even though it was on sale for 950. Those who also got the b6, did you have a film on top of the screen that you had to peel off? Tv we got had the yellow energy sticker on it. Just wondering why on earth they would stick that directly to the panel but I don't see a protective film. Also don't want to damage the screen from heat if there is indeed a film. Thoughts? 

image.jpg

Edited by crappyjones123
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, have the final generation Panasonic plasma here in the UK and it's absolutely brilliant. Will be very sad to leave behind, but am bequeathing to a good friend who will appreciate all 110 lbs of it!

Moving to a G6 LG OLED in the US house and interested to see how it compares.

• Like 5