PS Audio PerfectWave DAC

The Monkey

x2

I only look at Six Moons for the pictures.

+1, must add sometimes they publish great pics with more detail than elsewere... helpful when you want to know if the gear is easy to switch to another mains voltage operation ;)

Otherways, lots of letters and no useful info. As said, like a long presentation...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look forward to the response.

Those Decklink Cards look cool too but appear to only be stereo right now according to the spec page. Not that that really matters.

You can see that the CEO responded very fast with this:

Well, I don’t think this will ever happen as an upgrade. We’ve spoken many times about building such a piece and this may well happen but as of right now we have nothing planned out.

I’d love to have one as well.

So the back door is left open a crack maybe for down the road some day.

• 2 weeks later...
What's it like dealing with the touch screen? As in, interface and touch sensitivity? I'm semi-interested but the touch screen experience I had with my former Classe CDP-202 drove me bonkers.

It works well, except for the volume slider, which I don't like. Fortunately, the remote can do everything and the display is otherwise very user friendly. Also, an iPhone remote app is in the works.

*ahem* is our deal still on?

Oh it's on. Just don't know when yet...

I'll try to get some impressions up soon, but I love this DAC. I've found my source.

Wow. Even I've been around long enough here and on Head-Fi (lurking more than posting) to appreciate the significance of this statement.

This says a lot because I daresay I've seen few people who did more research and left no stone unturned all over the place more than you.

I'm really happy for you. :)

Yup, I'll get some together at some point in the next couple of weeks. Life is a bit hectic at the moment, but I'll get something going. I'll also have the Luxman and the Neko DAC in tha hizzouse, so that should provide for some more robust impressions.

Ron at Liquid HiFi is offering me a killer price on the PWD that is good through the end of the month, so I may have to make a decision sooner (unless I buy Tyrion's if the warranty is transferable). I appreciate any advice you can offer. Can you basically tell me if it's worth trying to buy one in the $1900-$2150 price range?

I read elsewhere that the jump from stock Digital Link III to Cullen Stage IV is bigger than the jump from Stage IV to PWD (by someone who is selling his DLIII stg IV and keeping PWD). I have to decide if I will sell the DLIII and get PWD, or just mod the DLIII which will cost me half as much out of pocket as the the PWD deal in the end.