Stand Alone Dac

Hello every one

Like you know I was asking alternatives for the rs1,silly me... but now I completely threw that out of the window(yeah mexican you were right), they are definitely a keeper and I can relate to those of you who have been offended by comparing the rs1 with a ms1:palm:.

Some already may know from the chat but I will give the details for those who don't.

So a "random" stranger borrowed me an DacMagic and right from the beginning of the first music I was totally blown away by the quality of the sound, uh the details ..the details.. I was speechless .. warm sound ..everything sounded so right, the soundstage before didn't exist exist with the rs1 and now it had come alive , same to the bass dried deep punchs bot not to much just the way I like it, all my music have became a new world and I couldn't just stop listening even with my ears physically hurting as hell from the bowls I had to resist and go on and on. Before because of my picky ear even before knowing anything close to hi.fi I just couldn't stand allot of albums I had because everything just sounded muffed and messy, but not any more!

I already returned the DacMagic and tried to listen some music but I just can't... After experiencing that energy is just painful.. I have been bitten and there is no turning back.

Having said this after some walking in the dark I know how important the source is, I have 400$ spend.

So far I only have these references the DacMagic of course, gamma y2 and parasound 1000 suggested by nikongod.

Are there better dacs I can get with 400 $ and guessing there is which ?

edit:Forgot to point this,the system is a RS1+Millet hybrid Minimax

Edited by Spychedelic Whale

My suggestion, buy The Monkey's Para 1000. It'll actually save you $$ vs. your budget which you can then apply to other things.

This is the correct answer. Here is the link: http://www.head-case.org/forums/audio-gear-sale/7927-parasound-d-ac-1000-a.html

EDIT: tkam makes a good point. If you need USB, don't get the Parasound because it doesn't have it.

This is the correct answer. Here is the link: http://www.head-case.org/forums/audio-gear-sale/7927-parasound-d-ac-1000-a.html

EDIT: tkam makes a good point. If you need USB, don't get the Parasound because it doesn't have it.

Easily fixed with a M-Audio Transit and still $50+ under budget. I'd rather buy a good DAC and adapt USB to it than to buy a bad DAC that happened to have a USB input.

Edited by n_maher