AV123 Mark Schifter Indicted by Grand Jury on Five Counts

aardvark baguette

I got to know Mark a little over the years, I met him once, and have talked with him on the phone a number of times. We were first introduced when he headed Audio Alchemy, and I've done business with him at AV123. He was a warm, likable guy, though admittedly I did not know him well at all. It is sad to hear this.

That being said, if he did defraud people, especially with children,s charities as the rouse (or any charities for that matter), I hope he gets the harshest sentence the legal system can impose. I have no sympathy for that kind of bullshit. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but it's not looking good for him.

Steve, I think the biggest thing that causes me and presumably many others to not give much benefit of doubt is the pattern of questionable business practices (and in several cases outright fraud) over the course of the last year or so, in addition to this raffle BS. There's a really long thread on audioholics about it.

Oh I fully agree Fitz. The site has most certainly taken on a different character over the last few years, and not in a good way. I don't ever recommend them any more. I just hope my subs continue to work properly, because I doubt the company will weather this.

Oh I fully agree Fitz. The site has most certainly taken on a different character over the last few years, and not in a good way. I don't ever recommend them any more. I just hope my subs continue to work properly, because I doubt the company will weather this.

I'm in the same boat with a pair of their Rocket Onyx subs. It's a shame, but if Mark really did what they accuse him of doing then he deserves what he gets from the court.

• 2 weeks later...

What I think is most interesting here is that it shows the Colorado AG's Office takes an interest in the audio business (though I readily admit their interest was related to the charitable giving, or not as the case may be). Hm, what other shady Colorado-based audio outfit should they know about?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...