iPad apps

As Flash and Java aren't supported, we'll likely to need App Store and web-based alternatives to some apps. Thought it might be useful to have a separate thread from the iPad discussion itself in prep for the iPad arriving.

Here are a couple...

SketchPad

Harmony

And 'strech just posted...

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

They probably allowed it because Netflix's options for streaming content are pretty awful. I looked on my PS3 tonight, I struggled to find anything worth watching and the lack of high-def content is a great big pile of fail. I can only hope that the iPad app will kick them in the ass to actually offer some current, desirable content.

Buffy, Angel and Firefly have all been added to streaming, so there's that.

Awesome.... Dr. Horrible is there as well. Actually, looking through the content today... it seems like there's a lot more now than a few days ago. Maybe it's just me. Of course, we use Netflix streaming more for TV shows, not movies. In that regard, it's been well stocked.

Anyone that has not seen the BBC show MI-5 should check it out. It's one of my favorite shows. The first 4 seasons on are on Netflix streaming. I use the streaming mostly for TV shows as well. I never watched Buffy or Angel so maybe now is the time.

Does anyone use Rowmote Pro? It supports Amarra.

Edited by tyrion

I used to catch the new Dr. Who on netflix streaming, also MI5, Painkiller-Jane, (or something sounding like that, kick ass female undercover vixen or other). Some really old, cheesy tv shows, like Kolchak.

Actually, I quite enjoyed, and it was sort of an added bonus at the time. I also tried the roku box with overall good results.