iPad apps

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody have a favorite calculator app that does some of them scientific things?

I'm using EZ 4 Calculator and it seems to do everything my kids need for school when they borrow my iPad to use it (lazy kids who can't dig out their calc from their backpack). This is a snapshot but reduced in size to fit the forum better.

ez4calculator.jpg

I have been using Complex RPN Calculator (free) which seems to be pretty good and does RPN and complex numbers.

Very cool looking! Reminds me of my old HP (11C?) calculator from my college years. No need for this any more, but gives me a nice warm feeling inside ...

All great suggestions. Definitely want something utilizing RPN (Still have a working HP 15c in my desk). I think I will give pcalc a spin even though it is not free, it looks to have some nice flexibility. Plus I can get the ipad and OSx version for $0.99 more than if I buy the OSx version alone.

I wonder if you can get mathematica on the itouch somehow

Wolfram|Alpha Mobile Products

All great suggestions. Definitely want something utilizing RPN (Still have a working HP 15c in my desk). I think I will give pcalc a spin even though it is not free, it looks to have some nice flexibility. Plus I can get the ipad and OSx version for $0.99 more than if I buy the OSx version alone.

I do love my HP 48G.

Two of my favorite and most used apps right now are Instapaper and Simplenote.

Instapaper Pro is great for grabbing articles via Google reader or their bookmarklet for later reading. Gets the ads out of the way and gives you full text... very nice.

Simplenote is a killer note app that can sync with Notational Velocity on the Mac... great combo... now I just take notes on either and they are always in sync across all devices.... iPad, iPhone and desktops.

Do you use Evernote also? If so curious when you use one over the other?

I have used Evernote, but I use it a lot less now. Might cancel my account, but we'll see. I tend to use Evernote for things I want to remember long term and I use Instapaper Pro for articles I want to read right now. I haven't tried to reconcile the two. Instapaper has an archive and folder structure, but I haven't used it much yet.