Happy Birthday, Voltron!

The Monkey

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I keep meaning to get those shoes! Well, since you guys started early, I'll fill you in on the events of birthday eve. I went to City Beer Store and got some good beer for the weekend and had a couple half pints while shopping. Then made some cocktails for wifey and me. Grabbed a quick dinner with the kids before Ric/blessingx came over to go see Keith Jarrett play at Davies Symphony Hall. Beautiful music but the performance was marred by Jarrett's diva temperament combined with an oddly rowdy crowd. He was trying to record and stopped several "quiet" songs to complain about the audience coughing too much. When he really seemed upset and was talking down to the crowd, somebody shouted "just play!" and then a lot of people started shouting -- including things like "you're an asshole!" and "I want my money back!" -- he then sat down after saying there seemed to be something go on with San Francisco, and asked for requests and played some standards and seemed grumpy but slowly got over it. Then he played 5 separate encores to a lot of cheering and such, although the first one, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, seemed rather mocking of SF. Oh well, temperamental artist or not, he can play.

Tomorrow will be family fun, a secret jaunt, and the ballet in the evening. We'll see if Yuan Yuan Tan storms off the stage in her Little Mermaid costume.

Cheers, and thanks for the well wishes.