Search function

GPH

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I'm still puzzled by the Search function since the forum upgrade. For example, I search "the descent" in "Search Single Content Type".

Screenshot2010-03-30at112802.png

I get the search results by post, except there's no post preview like in the old interface (I really miss this option).

Screenshot2010-03-30at112835.png

Then, no matter which post I click on, it always brings me to the last page of the thread.

Screenshot2010-03-30at112857.png

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

• 3 months later...

I haven't been able to figure out how to target the most recent posts on a particular topic and get that post and not just the whole thread. Without this search function the whole site is useless to me and I don't come here anymore except to figure out if the search function works the way I want it to.

Strawberry and rhubarb jam?

only the finest whole rhubarbs go into my jam, plucked from the verdant orchards of eastern turkey, lovingly mashed by the hands of the owner's two dozen beautiful virginal daughters!

no strawberries though. i had some last week when they were on sale at wal-mart but i ate them.

I think you have that backwards -- if you buy your groceries at Wal-mart, Wal-mart wins.

I haven't been able to figure out how to get ... that post and not just the whole thread.
On the advanced search page, under search types, if you select "Posts", you should get posts, including multiple entries for one thread, if there were multiple posts that meet the criteria. There's no way -- visually -- to differentiate them from each other, but if you click on the actual search result, it'll take you to the different posts within that thread that meet the criteria. And they should be in reverse chronological order.

Jack -- can I get a woman, hold the ether, with a side of strawberries?

Edited by Dusty Chalk

I haven't been able to figure out how to target the most recent posts on a particular topic and get that post and not just the whole thread. Without this search function the whole site is useless to me and I don't come here anymore except to figure out if the search function works the way I want it to.

You should join a forum dedicated to the discussion of the use of the search function on forums.