high voltage cable for electrostats?

flecom

the stock cable on my sennheiser HE-60's is starting to fail (intermittent right channel) normally I recable all my headphones with mogami 2534 but I am worried about sending 600V down that cable...

so I am wondering what kind of cable would be appropriate? or would the 2534 probably be ok?

Stax SRE-725 would be your best bet but it is quite a bit heavier then the stock Senn cable and you would have to find a good way to secure the cable which isn't going to be easy. The HE60 drivers are very fragile and will not survive much mechanical abuse.

you are going to want some ultra low capacitance cable.

2534 is not that by any means.

If you are already using an adapter then recabling with the

stax cable would be the best idea. Otherwise if you need

the sennheiser connector you are going to have to buy the

replacement part directly from sennheiser.

no adapters, they have a HE-90 connector at the end so that end isnt an issue... does sennehiser even sell a replacement cable for these things anymore? how low does the capacitance need to be? I have Canare L-2B2AT which seems to have better specs than the Mogami... ?

Are you sure it's the cable failing and not the drivers or a channel imbalance problem with the amp?

yes... if you squeeze the cable right before it enters the headphone on the right channel it comes back and then sort of "fades away"

Stax SRE-725 would be your best bet but it is quite a bit heavier then the stock Senn cable and you would have to find a good way to secure the cable which isn't going to be easy. The HE60 drivers are very fragile and will not survive much mechanical abuse.

holy crap $100?

holy crap $100?

Less then that direct from Japan but not cheap at all. Since you don't need the Stax connector you could just get a SRE-750 and cut half off it and sell the end with the Stax plug and the Stax socket as well.

Sennheiser will sell you a new cable but it is far from cheap last I heard.

I got the price quote here so it could be cheaper in the US. The HE60 parts aren't all that expensive though, perhaps I should ask (bully) the distributor here into ordering all the parts needed to assemble a complete headphone...? ;D

If you want help getting parts from Senn USA let me know, I'm going to buy a bunch of stuff for the HE60 as I am really enjoying them.

• 2 weeks later...
If you want help getting parts from Senn USA let me know, I'm going to buy a bunch of stuff for the HE60 as I am really enjoying them.

if you could find out for me, that would be awesome, I have had a hard time convincing anyone I get a hold of that the HE60 existed lol