The NHL 2010 playoffs thread

GPH

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Flyers manage to beat Montreal I think I'm going to try and score some tickets for the finals. The last Flyers game that I saw in Philadelphia was at the old Spectrum in 87, it was game 6 of the Finals against Edmonton (I also attended game 4). The Flyers won! Thereby forcing a game 7 back in Edmonton. It was by far the Highlight of my experience as a fan of any sport. i couldn't talk for several days afterward, I had screamed my voice away :) Pity the Flyers lost in Edmonton, but I consider it a victory to force a game 7 against that Oilers team. The Oilers had only lost two games in the entire playoffs leading up to the finals. That Oilers team was one of the best teams ever. The Flyers goaltender was the reason they were able to force a game 7. Ron Hextall was so good that he was awarded the Conn Smythe Trophy as the playoffs MVP (I believe only the 4th time a member of the losing team reveived it).

Sorry, incase you can't tell I'm really excited that the Flyers are still in it.

And there go the Bruins................ :(

Do have to hand it to Philly, they never gave up.

Will try and enjoy the rest of the games, and wait for the draft.

GO.....??????????? (I'm thinking I'd like Chicago to take it all, before they have to dismantle some of the team after this season).

Just my opinion I think Boston will be a real power house team next year. I wouldn't be surprised if they were number two or three seed in the East.

Last night the Habs played Much better. Hell they could have won if it were not for Leighton. Leighton is seriously in the zone. So the Habs played much better, they only lost 3-0 instead of the previous 6-0 shellacking :) Halak also looked seriously rattled, he's got to settle down or this will be over quickly.

Hats off to the Hawks, great comeback today to pull a sweep against a very good team and win the Western Conference final. No matter who wins the East (obvious advantage to the Flyers right now), my prediction is that they'll get annihilated by Chicago.

Hats off to the Hawks, great comeback today to pull a sweep against a very good team and win the Western Conference final. No matter who wins the East (obvious advantage to the Flyers right now), my prediction is that they'll get annihilated by Chicago.

Way to Chicago!!

I dont know about annihilated. But both teams in the west looked better than either team that will come out of the east.

Even though it was a sweep, that was still a fun series to watch, two good teams.

Chicago has alot of great players to watch, Kandy Kane just has the finesse with the puck handling i have not seen since i seen Gretzky (he is amazing to watch live in person). also everyone in Chicago likes to get on Hossa as the jagoff of the team cause he takes stupid penalties in horrible useless times but no one can deny him of the talent he does have.. he just has not found his click with the team yet (i have a feeling the next series will open Hossa up a bit). Versteeg and Eager had the hard hitters, watch them play.. they will just go on a checking binge and just check everyone in site. toews, sharp, kieth, Seabrook are the all over talent on the team, esp toews. Sopel is the human shield, all he does is block shots with his body on penalty kills. the man you should be afraid of is my personal favorite on the Team, Dustin Byfuglien is a 6'4 250lb black man standing right infront of the other teams goalie..no one can move him, no one can see around him and he is great with speed and his stick...plus he talks shit to everyone on the ice getting under their nerves (ask Luongo..that piece of shit). i hope Hossa finds his click this series like i said before, he is such a great player to bad he is not showing any of it lately.

As long as the wings are not playing them, Chicago is a great team! the hardest team to us is the sharks, so really i am not worried about much more now. i went to every home game when we played the wings or the sharks, such great games to see live! i remember seeing Dustin score right infront of me back in the season (i believe it was against detroit). it was the second period with less the a min left and i was right behind the other teams goalie when i thought to myself "shit i wanted to see my black man score..damn" and then he did...i was so in tears! i love that N****!!! he really is my favorite player of all!!

Well it was a fun ride with the Habs this year, the season got stretched out a bit longer than anyone here expected. :P

I'm going to pull for Chicago in the final because I prefer talent over brutality, not that Chicago can't be brutal if they decide to.

Kandy Kane just has the finesse with the puck handling i have not seen since i seen Gretzky
He's a good player, but I think that's quite an exaggeration.