The NHL 2010 playoffs thread

GPH

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, can't believe the tear Philly went on. If it wasn't for Carcillo and Hartnell, I would consider rooting for them. But solely because of them, I'll root for Chicago. Chicago IS an exciting team to watch, I saw the last game against SJ and they "have it" for sure. Never minded Hossa, and definitely do liek the heart and talent guys like Byfuglien (sp?) and Versteeg (he'd look good in a Bruins uniform....oh....did that already)

I wouldn't be "not worried" though, Billy; the Flyers have woken up, they have a good amount of talent and get enough guys in front of the net to get the cheap goals. I would also say Chicago in 6, but would not count Philly on making it easy at all, the way they've been playing.

the only team that gets me really worried is the Wings, maybe the sharks a bit also, other then those two i just take it game by game and see what happens. i see the Flyer's did wake up late in the year so i am hoping they bring it to the Hawks, we play better against good teams..Hawks seem to come out more hungry on the good teams then teams they think are easy. The Hawks have two ways of playing, laid back or hungry, sometimes they come out like they are just taking it easy and skating around (you can tell how they skate for the puck) but there are times they come hungry and will do anything for goals..to say the Hawks are an inconsistent team is truthful

Other than the White Sox Chicago just has rotten luck in sports, so I hope the Blackhawks win it. Damn the last time I remember them being half way decent was in the early Ed Belfour days...

That was a good team. I think Hasek was backing up, or splitting time with Belfour back then.

Hoping to watch either Friday's or Sunday's game with some folks at CanJam, though Friday's will only be on Versus. Warning: I will be wearing a Flyers jersey.

considering the local team would be playing the Flyers in a big game at that very moment i think its a real "look at me, i want attention" move, but rest assured since your going to a Headphone meet with a bunch of tech geeks i really dont think you'll get the attention. btw not sure if you would be willing but if you and a few people wanna do a trip to my bar on Saturday night i would advise against wearing that jersey..its asking for trouble, and people that ask for trouble are not allowed in. Though if you do decide to come up with something else on and Dustin Byfuglien scores then i'll buy you a few drinks! probably won't be willing cause CJ will have its parties and stuff..then again my bar is open till 5am Sunday mourning.

That was a good team. I think Hasek was backing up, or splitting time with Belfour back then.

now you're talking about my golden days of Hockey, really loved the sport back then and went to alot of home games (Old man Wirtz would not allow the home games on local tv..what a jag), i remember Chelios, Roenick, and the Chicago Stadium..what a great time for Chicago Hockey. last two year for Chicago Hawks fans have been awesome though, strong resurgence cause of Rocky Wirtz (the son) taking over and bringing the Hawks alot closer to the fans..Chicago loves this man!

Billie, I don't need a hockey jersey to get attention, and it would most certainly be a foolish choice if that's what I wanted to get.

Oh i know this, i met you twice-ish and you always had my attention..seriously though if you gander in any of the actual Chicago neighborhood bars your asking for trouble (esp the Southside). personally i dont care what anyone wears and you should if its your fav team, just a warning to you and your good time here. Hell die hard Baseball fans will give a cubs shirt on the southside trouble and a sox shirt trouble on the Northside, and these are Chicago Teams..

It's not Billie, its Billy, Pretty P, Beelly, or Ms. Jackson if you're nasty!

Chicago was lucky to get away with the first one. I hope both teams play better tonight, but the outcome is the same.

Yes, missed call on the puck-in-the-bench, with winning goal later that play. I think both teams will trty and tighten up defensively. My gut feel is that Philly will do better at that; they get a bunch of goals by getting in on the net, and they're doing that in general better than Chicago. But I hope to see Chicago win again tonight as well.

What's wrong with you people? Go Flyers!!!!

I am in the Flyers camp as well,The blackhawks seemed to have the better speed in the first game.

I think the flyers comeback ability will prevail , I doubt the rest of the games will be as wide open as the first one.Defenses will tighten up.

That was a great game last night,What a differance 28 seconds make.

Flyers never let up .The hawks goalie made some great saves & stole that game.

Leighton wasn't so bad either.

Alot better game than the first one. I bet Leighton wishes he could have that second goal back. It would not suprise me to see it 2/2 going back to chicago.

after the first two games and esp after the last i would say Philly deserves to lose! going out and playing like a bunch of assholes in the first period wont win you games, putting Carcillo just wasted a line up spot for philly, they should of put someone with more talent then Carcillo running his useless shit filled mouth off. yes it is important to let the other team know your tough but to do it so blatant and still not win makes the team look stupid in the end, he was there to get under our skin and that type of play won't work with the Hawks. also how Philly didn't score in the third period after the Hawks just backed off offensively shows the true scoring capability Philly really has. the first game was a great game on both sides but Philly got lucky with no penalty calls, still both sides were amazing! I hope for Phillies sake they dont come in the third game acting/thinking like they did in the second, Hawks always have a game were they just daze out and not play for the puck, it happens every couple of games, they play like their high..just skating around and letting the other team run crazy most of the period, if the team cant score when the Hawks play like shit then i wouldn't bet the Flyers will do any better when the Hawks turn their game on and work. after watching the two games i really not worried by Philly, well Pronger and ASSham are to be watched but other then that it should be a fun game 3! Its good to see Hossa finally step up, as i predicted...woot!!! Hawks 1st line has not done much yet, cant wait till Buff finds his way but Pronger is good, actually he is really good so Buff has his work cut out in game three!

its a good seires but im pissed Philly didnt play better in the second game..they should of!

I'd say Philly carried a fair bit of the play in game 2, but couldn't get past the goalie. Philly's breakout reminds me a bit of Carolina's a couple years ago: fast on the turnaround, always skating, and some crisp passing. Hats off to the Chicago D, they really limited the rebounds by covering the in-close players. Actually, Hossa's goal was Chicago doing exactly what i expetced Philly to do: crowd the net looking for the rebounds.

Looking forward to game 3.....fun watching both teams play. Can't stand Carcillo either, but have to give props to Hartnell (someone I usually don't like for his borderline plays) for playing hard every night. Still rooting for Chicago, but still can enjoy the play on both teams.