Audeze LCD-2

swt61

Yup, I'm guessing I will definitely need to tune it to my tastes if I ever decide to get one. It looks like the mids are slightly bumped and then the lower treble really hits a low point, from the frequency response graph, so shifting the hump over and trading bass for treble will be optimal for something flatter.

Thats if you want a flat graph. Not a flat sound to your ears... :/

Maybe not to yours :/ They used a Neumann KU 100 dummy head. And while there may be oversmoothing and possibly other factors in the graph not being the most trustworthy, a general idea of the frequency response can be deduced.

But how can you know what you want to change in the sound already?

Many have already commented it sounds nuetral, so rather would be better to hear before concluding they are not.

Or you accepting that basically your taste varies from most (i know mine usually does)

Many if not most will not mod it as it sounds stupendously good stock.

..dB

Stop it! Thats what I love about orthos, their ability to rock out. Ok I need to go listen to my speakers, feel that punch in the chest to get rid of these thoughts of doping 1K on these. :D

Stop it! Thats what I love about orthos, their ability to rock out. Ok I need to go listen to my speakers, feel that punch in the chest to get rid of these thoughts of doping 1K on these. :D

Oh but you saved so much on your recent CDP you can easily pick up that insignificant costing LCD2 ;)

Yup, I'm guessing I will definitely need to tune it to my tastes if I ever decide to get one. It looks like the mids are slightly bumped and then the lower treble really hits a low point, from the frequency response graph, so shifting the hump over and trading bass for treble will be optimal for something flatter.

LCD2 T shirt mod? :D

Can we use tissues instead of tshirts?

The hype machine is starting to build up on these headphones over at the other site, it really is raising my curiosity meter.

I think I need to wait a couple of months for it to all die down and a couple more opinions before I seriously consider it.

Can we use tissues instead of tshirts?

The hype machine is starting to build up on these headphones over at the other site, it really is raising my curiosity meter.

I think I need to wait a couple of months for it to all die down and a couple more opinions before I seriously consider it.

I agree. I haven't read anything in the the last six months that has made my eyes roll more than all of the hype from kwkarth.

Oh but you saved so much on your recent CDP you can easily pick up that insignificant costing LCD2 ;)

Well yeah I did. The matter of the fact is that I really don't need any more headphones, I have problems sorting out through what I sill need to sell. Maybe when I sold all the stuff and I can buy it, if I have any money left and it's still in production :D

Sound like it is really good, and that is why it's tempting.

I was wallowing in some period music from Linn - Magnificat The 3rd track is Miserere : Gregorio Allegri - the vocals just soar.

But I am a little bummed

I finally made my beastie kid friendly ( a bit rushed ) and now it has a hum issue :(

ehhaii046.jpg

..dB

Are you reading that Rudolph's Pediatric book just a precaution your amp is not not that "kid friendly":D

I am not sure how many of you have been following the LCD2 story but there are more accounts comming in to affirm initial impressions.

I have taken the liberty to paste Rob's (skylab) comments here:

Originally Posted by Skylab on HF

Well, I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that with the Leben CS300X, the LCD-2 is absolutely astonishing. Maybe Alan is right - maybe if I had owned the Leben at the time I had the HD800, I would have felt differently. But the Leben with the LCD-2 provides a level of sound quality I have not personally experienced before from headphones. I've spent the last hour just excitedly going from test track to test track. All of them have been a treat. It really has to be heard to be believed.

Now the bad news - the LCD-2 exhibit. Rolled off treble with all of my OTL tube amps. I actually thought the LCD-2 had a rolled off treble. It doesn't. But when used with OTL tube amps that have an output impedande higher than the LCD-2, the treble is rolled off. With the transformer-coupled Leben - no roll off at all. Just open, clean, super-transparent and super-smooth. And I mean WIDE open sounding. Great detail without any etch or force. And the soundstage is astonishing.

But not so much on either the CSP-2 or my modded Singlepower Extreme. The LCD-2 sound good on those amps, but nowhere near as good as they are capable of sounding. With the Leben - they are just amazing.

I would encourage anyone interested to give these serious attention at CJ ..dB

Hey even Rob could have a good day. If he only liked the Darth Beyer fart cannons it'd be easy to right him off as having horrid taste. But he loved the Strawberry Donuts I built him, so he must have good days now and again. :P

I'm hoping to have a lengthy listen at CJ if possible.